Tennessee High School Football

oldfan41

Well guys another year has come and gone and what a season, huh!!! I personally think Tn. football has taken a big step in catching up with the nation as in caliber of football. I really think a lot of it is b/c of the parents and athletes taking advantage of personal trainers and private lessons now days. A lot more kids now are choosing one or two sports instead of playing them all. More parents are getting their kids started earlier with strength and conditioning programs with people who have proven track records with older student athletes. Of course this isn't just football it's all sports now. Just my thoughts what do some of you guys think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that and say that the population increase has helped as well. Lots more people moving into the state from other football rich states likeGeorgia, Ohio, even Florida and Texas as well. I just see the state getting better and UT would be smart to keep the talent in state as opposed to letting it go to other SEC schools.

I'd agree with that and say that the population increase has helped as well. Lots more people moving into the state from other football rich states likeGeorgia, Ohio, even Florida and Texas as well. I just see the state getting better and UT would be smart to keep the talent in state as opposed to letting it go to other SEC schools.

That's a very good point I hadn't thought about. Now that u mention it your right the population has grown exponentially  in the past years. I was wanting to talk more about the personal trainers and how many more kids are using them but u brought up an excellent point!

I remember a few years ago UT was having kickoff problems.    That same year we went to Knoxville to watch a playoff game, I think it was Knox West but not sure, anyway their kicker put the ball out the back of the end zone on EVERY kickoff.     I mentioned to my buddy that we will see him in orange on Saturday next year, especially since he is in UT's back yard, this is going to be a slam dunk

UT never gave him the first look.

I agree but I really think that kids are improving their size, strength, and skills with early and extra help from College and Professional tutors.

Well I agree with that but what is that percentage versus the overall number of kids playing the sport. I bet it is very small. With the rating system and profile of athletically gifted kids, camps have become huge even at an early age to get your name out. Having said that, still a very small percentage go to camps, get tutors, or do anything beyond lifting weights or running in the off season.

Will y'all stop trying to pump up them TennESsee Vols,Fact is,They want ever be a contender as long as there in the S.E.C,This ain't the 80's and early 90's folks.Get over it.The best they'll ever be is 2nd best in the S.E.C east.JUST ACCEPT IT FELLAS!!!..😃

Well I agree with that but what is that percentage versus the overall number of kids playing the sport. I bet it is very small. With the rating system and profile of athletically gifted kids, camps have become huge even at an early age to get your name out. Having said that, still a very small percentage go to camps, get tutors, or do anything beyond lifting weights or running in the off season.

I wish there were a way to figure this out b/c I think a lot more than u think r looking and using outside help in some way or another!

Will y'all stop trying to pump up them TennESsee Vols,Fact is,They want ever be a contender as long as there in the S.E.C,This ain't the 80's and early 90's folks.Get over it.The best they'll ever be is 2nd best in the S.E.C east.JUST ACCEPT IT FELLAS!!!..

You don't know much about football do you.

I know several of the privates In Nashville the kids are using extra help and I know of several in the public schools doing the same! What's funny is a lot of the Coaches that are winning with these same kids r talking against them using these private tutors. Which seem ridiculous to me b/c knowledge is worth more than gold to these young minds! Any technical help that makes u stronger, faster, or smarter should never be shunned!

I remember a few years ago UT was having kickoff problems. That same year we went to Knoxville to watch a playoff game, I think it was Knox West but not sure, anyway their kicker put the ball out the back of the end zone on EVERY kickoff. I mentioned to my buddy that we will see him in orange on Saturday next year, especially since he is in UT's back yard, this is going to be a slam dunk

UT never gave him the first look.

I played with him. He plays for UT now. He's just behind medley at the moment Edited by RunninRebels