Ease up on the refs

Indian

I agree that officials dhould not step on the field unless they know the rules. Not just the black letter of the rule but when and how to enforce it. Most try to do a good job and take a lot of pride in doing so but some are just out there to say look at me. The best official arbitrates the game and doesnt inject himself into the outcome

Just watch the NFL, you see bad calls and no calls in every game. They even get calls wrong with instant replay. Some officals need to know the rules better ,but as far as judgement calls, they are human and make human errors.

Rarely are they wrong and they are paid well and held accountable. Those guys are so good they get 75% right with instant replay. Most coaches just want a little accountability for the officials - mistake and wrong calls happen but they are never wrong which is crap.

It's simple.  Call it if it's obvious.  Keep the game under control on the field.  Quit worrying about the sidelines and let the coaches do that.  WHEN a mistake is made, own up to it and talk to the coach.....that alone goes a long long way!  Too many try to be noticed instead of letting the kids be noticed.  The refs are working 2 hours a week on a game while the kids are preparing 15+ hours.  I understand some refs do not try to have anything to do with the outcome of a game and do a good job but so many know there are zero consequences in place for doing a horrible job so when they do, it just rolls off their back and they move on. 

• Upvote 1

It's simple. Call it if it's obvious. Keep the game under control on the field. Quit worrying about the sidelines and let the coaches do that. WHEN a mistake is made, own up to it and talk to the coach.....that alone goes a long long way! Too many try to be noticed instead of letting the kids be noticed. The refs are working 2 hours a week on a game while the kids are preparing 15+ hours. I understand some refs do not try to have anything to do with the outcome of a game and do a good job but so many know there are zero consequences in place for doing a horrible job so when they do, it just rolls off their back and they move on.

Great post - amen.0