TCA 2015

Intense

Contrary to popular belief TCA will be very competitive in 2015 and should compete with Adamsville and McKenzie for the Region 6 crown and should make a run at the semis. This will be a completely different team with most likely a different offensive scheme. You don't replace Kyle Akin and James Bond. We are losing 3 great receivers as well BUT we will have a better line in 2015 and a better defense in 2015. TCA will have two of the best athletes in West Tn back with #1 and #5. They have been two of the biggest playmskers over the last two years and will be expected to carry a bigger load next year. Our OL and DL will have 3 Seniors anchoring that have started and one sophomore who has started. Sophomore class has a lot of good linemen and receivers. Rising Freshmen will be the best FB class TCA has ever had. There will be two or three freshmen that will contribute on defense next year. One could have started as an 8th grader. I look for this team to be more traditional with a strong defense and reliance on two playmakers on offense. I predict an 8-2 regular season and go to at least quarterfinals with a strong possibility of semis. It all depends on injuries. If top playmakers stay healthy semis are a strong possibility. Boys started weight training on Monday. Going to be an interesting but surprising season. Hope everyone forgets about us because the Lions may sneak up and bite you!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Look forward to the game. It will be a great game as usual. I expect it to be close either way. Will be interesting game without Burcham, Irons, Neary, Wallace, Dengler, Paul.......Akin, Bond, Reviere, Smith, Garrott, Ross. I realize Neary and Wallace weren't there this year. My point is that all of the above names have been on the field for what seems like forever and now it's a new day! The players that take the field next year have had great mentors and role models to follow and that goes for both teams. It will do my heart good to watch #5 for TCA battle #11 for Aville( I think that's Nixons #). Their ole dads were teammates for many years and still good friends!

• 4 months later...

Lost a good coach today. Coach Hunter(DC) took the head coaching position at Rossville Christian Academy. Wish him the best! He will be greatly missed as he built great relationships with the kids. Sign of a good program is when the assistants move up to Head Coaching positions. Coach Butler has done a great job developing these young coaches. Coach Hunter will do well at RC! I understand we have a good hire on the way to help the team. Spring practice around the corner.

• 4 weeks later...

TCA just finished Spring Practice with a scrimmage versus Fayette Academy. FA wasn't nearly as strong as Dresden. Goldsmth gained big chunks of yards at will and scored on a couple of long runs. Our new QB played solid in the Spring. He's going to need the Summer and 7 on 7's to get his timing down. Hes a really good runner and will be a threat to pull it and run. He hit #5 for 3 or 4 TD's in the scrimmages. Most exciting thing about the Spring has been the line of scrimmage. Both Lines are so much better than last year's line. We ran the ball well all Spring and we stopped the run. These young lineman are big, strong and have a different attitude. We had an 8th grader that started at DE and he is a freaking beast! 6'1, 210, fast and mean. He was all over the field. #50 is his number. He is a Big time prospect. Glaring weakness was the secondary. That's a pretty easy fix compared to the line of scrimmage. We would have two Gold Balls the last two years if we had the line we have now. Secondary was great the last two years but we just couldn't stop the run. We could be 9-1 next season or we could be 5-5. Turnovers and injuries will be the key. I really think we will be 8-2 and either win the region or finish second. If Goldsmith stays healthy we could get to the semis. Our Region will have a hard time tackling him.