Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

Happy for him, sad for Coach Maurice Harris tho... Hopefully Mark Jr. will re-emerge like the CHAMP he is in 2016

Rep Da Haven Mark Dodson6_3122661.jpg

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They clearly were DISSIN Mark Jr... FOR NO REASON IMO

I have no idea why Mark wasn't getting more reps. He was in the beginning of the season. Later in the season his reps dropped. Doesn't matter why now ... he's gone from Ole Miss. The U of M will put him to very good use. I'm glad he's comming to the U of M. Watch him show out in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

I hated hearing that Dodson was leaving Ole Miss. Wish he would have had more playing time. Really enjoyed watching him play. Now; I see that Mathers has left Ole Miss for MTSU.

What is going on at Ole Miss? I was shocked that neither Dodson or Mathers was playing much. Any body know anything ?

I still watch the Mt Juliet / Da Haven 2012 semi final game.... and I keep thinking the Mt Juliet will pull the game out each time.

Edited by BKisler

From the Commercial Appeal

Chris Smith named head football coach at Germantown

John Varlas

Jan 8, 2015

Germantown High has named Chris Smith as its new head football coach. A native of Blytheville, Arkansas, he replaces Charlie White, who stepped down following a 5-5 finish, narrowly missing the 6A playoffs.

“I’m ready to hit the ground running,†the 28-year-old said. “I want people to be able to enjoy the process, the journey. I’m not going to change everything — there’s some great tradition at Germantown — but I want people who are open-minded to some change.â€

Smith spent the 2013 season at Blytheville High, where he served as the Chickasaws’ offensive coordinator. He has also served as the offensive coordinator at Bolivar and was a position coach at Obion Central. Smith’s offenses have consistently averaged 40 points per game and over 4,000 yards per season.

He signed with Central Arkansas out of high school before transferring to Henderson State, where he started 40 games as a wide receiver in coach Scott Maxfield’s high-flying offense.

“Some years we’ve run it 70 percent of the time and some years we’ve passed it 70 percent,†he said. “It’s based on our personnel. “We run old-school concepts out of new-school formations

Well, well, well ... welcome to 6A football in Tennessee coach Smith. Especially the new 6A Division in Memphis. You've got your work cut out for you!

Edited by kwc

I hated hearing that Dodson was leaving Ole Miss. Wish he would have had more playing time. Really enjoyed watching him play. Now; I see that Mathers has left Ole Miss for MTSU.

What is going on at Ole Miss? I was shocked that neither was Dodson or Mathers was playing much. Any body know anything ?

I still watch the Mt Juliet / Da Haven 2012 semi final game.... and I keep thinking the Mt Juliet will pull the game out each time.

For those who didn't know. The I-Train is returning to Murphreesboro. Story @ CBSSports.com.

• 2 weeks later...