Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick saban and purdue was on the yard(da haven) talkin to donte vaughn last week. . Along week coaches from Purdue. .. butch Jones please dont let saban steal him from us

Nick Saban I understand because Memphis is in SEC country. But PURDUE? Of all of the Big 10 schools to come a callin' I wouldn't have figured it would be them.

Edited by kwc

• 2 weeks later...

Whitehaven

Donald Cofield, OL, UT-Martin/Fullerton College

Ladarriel Ester, WR, Delta State

Elex Harris, LB, Lincoln University

Brandon Luellen, WR, Maryville

Durrell Mackey, LB, Maryville

Joshua McMillon, LB, Alabama

Elijah Phipps, LB-S, Fulleron College

Braylon Rochell, WR, Delta State/Iowa Western

Fydale Williams, DB, Cumberland

Jordan Williams, QB, Carson-Newman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to all of the fine young men mentioned above.

In the words of retired Whitehaven football coach Stanly Collins ... "Use football, don't let football use you ... get your collegte degrees on somebody else's dime while the opportunity presents itself .. don't waste time while you're there!"

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven

Donald Cofield, OL, UT-Martin/Fullerton College

Ladarriel Ester, WR, Delta State

Elex Harris, LB, Lincoln University

Brandon Luellen, WR, Maryville

Durrell Mackey, LB, Maryville

Joshua McMillon, LB, Alabama

Elijah Phipps, LB-S, Fulleron College

Braylon Rochell, WR, Delta State/Iowa Western

Fydale Williams, DB, Cumberland

Jordan Williams, QB, Carson-Newman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to all of the fine young men mentioned above.

In the words of retired Whitehaven football coach Stanley Collins ... "Use football, don't let football use you ... get your collegiate degrees on somebody else's dime while the opportunity presents itself .. don't waste time while you're there!"

Congrats to ALL these young men... It's always nice to have an opportunity to get school PAID for!

OAN: Jordan Williams, QB, Carson-Newman... if this remains (I heard Navy may still come get him since he got his ACT score legitimized) Carson-Newman may have a STEAL!. I mean, a future record breaker type steal. This kid is at worst FCS level. He'll be dominant in the NAIA.  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Congrats to ALL these young men... It's always nice to have an opportunity to get school PAID for!

OAN: Jordan Williams, QB, Carson-Newman... if this remains (I heard Navy may still come get him since he got his ACT score legitimized) Carson-Newman may have a STEAL!. I mean, a future record breaker type steal. This kid is at worst FCS level. He'll be dominant in the NAIA.

isnt he locked into Carson Newman since he signed his letter of intent?

• 4 weeks later...

From the Commercial Appeal

AAC (American Athletic Conference) HONORS HARRIS

Even though his fouryear college football career ended in December's Miami Beach Bowl, University of Memphis linebacker Charles Harris continues to be recognized for his accomplishments on, and off, the field. He was announced Tuesday as the recipient of the 2014 American Athletic Conference scholar-athlete of the year for football.

The selection was made by the league's academic affairs committee. It is awarded based on a combination of academic achievement and athletic performance.

Harris, who attended Whitehaven High, will receive a $2,000 scholarship, which may be applied to graduate or professional studies.

Last season, Harris started each of the team's 13 games and was an integral part of the U of M's 10-3 season and bowl win over BYU.

Harris started the final 37 games of his career for the Tigers, who ended the season with a No. 25 national ranking. Harris had six tackles in the 55-48 overtime win over BYU, helping the Tigers to their first postseason win since 2005.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this thread is titled 'Whitehaven 2015' but I thought that the Whitehaven faithful would want to see this. Big giant kudos to Mr. Harris. He is leading by example.

Edited by kwc