DAVID CROCKETT is for real and has a very good BALL CLUB!

NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB

Crockett is only the team to beat because of the S Hill players. When Good graduate Crockett will go back to the bottom of the conference. He could go to ANY team in the conference and they would win it that's how good he is.So you Crockett fans enjoy watching the best player to ever play the the next two years.When Day graduates this year you better recruit someone to help him next year

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good is a very impressive player for sure. After watching Memphis play vs Oklahoma State over the weekend, there is no doubt he is better than some of these athletic guys playing for Memphis. It never ceases to amaze me how colleges overlook guard prospects with the natural ability to PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET (like Patrick Good) in favor of the athletic, distributing-only, defensive stopper type guards with no scoring ability whatsoever.

It certainly takes a certain amount of athletic ability to play at that level but way too many very good players are written off or ignored because of an inch or two in height, in favor of "lengthy" players who couldn't score the ball if you locked them in a gym by themselves. Stephon Curry, Seth Curry, and Chris Lofton immediately come to mind as guys with natural pure offensive ability who received very little recruiting attention due to perceived athletic shortcomings.

I looked it up myself apparently Memphis has shown some interest in Patrick Good. There's a thread about him on one of their boards. He seems to be the PG their fans want in the 16' class

Edited by Norman Dale

Good is a very impressive player for sure. After watching Memphis play vs Oklahoma State over the weekend, there is no doubt he is better than some of these athletic guys playing for Memphis. It never ceases to amaze me how colleges overlook guard prospects with the natural ability to PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET (like Patrick Good) in favor of the athletic, distributing-only, defensive stopper type guards with no scoring ability whatsoever.

It certainly takes a certain amount of athletic ability to play at that level but way too many very good players are written off or ignored because of an inch or two in height, in favor of "lengthy" players who couldn't score the ball if you locked them in a gym by themselves. Stephon Curry, Seth Curry, and Chris Lofton immediately come to mind as guys with natural pure offensive ability who received much too little recruiting attention due to perceived athletic shortcomings.

My old baseball coach was talking about this to me one time. He had coached football as well and he was talking to a college coach about one of his players at the time. The college coach said "well coach, he doesnt have a great 40 time, his bench and squats arent too good and hes a little small for his positon." My coach responded with "With all due respect, do you all ever look at anything other than numbers and just recruit a "darn" football player?" College coach said "I'll be honest with you, if they arent playing agaisnt the highest level of competition and their height,weight and times dont fit, we wont even look at them." Ive always remembered that story for some reason.

Crockett is only the team to beat because of the S Hill players. When Good graduate Crockett will go back to the bottom of the conference. He could go to ANY team in the conference and they would win it that's how good he is.So you Crockett fans enjoy watching the best player to ever play the the next two years.When Day graduates this year you better recruit someone to help him next year

Don't be a hater bro,the guy is good and so is the whole team.What they do next yr or 3yrs from now doesn't mean nothing this yr slick.

If they only beat DB by 14 then their not all that. Probably couldn't get within 30 points of "a" Memphis team.

You must be a fortune teller,Cause you can see into the future.But coming from a state where B-BALL is king,and like many other sports.What you do on one nite.Don't mean SQUAT when you're playing a different team on a different nite.THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES SLICK!!!

Good is a very impressive player for sure. After watching Memphis play vs Oklahoma State over the weekend, there is no doubt he is better than some of these athletic guys playing for Memphis. It never ceases to amaze me how colleges overlook guard prospects with the natural ability to PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET (like Patrick Good) in favor of the athletic, distributing-only, defensive stopper type guards with no scoring ability whatsoever.

It certainly takes a certain amount of athletic ability to play at that level but way too many very good players are written off or ignored because of an inch or two in height, in favor of "lengthy" players who couldn't score the ball if you locked them in a gym by themselves. Stephon Curry, Seth Curry, and Chris Lofton immediately come to mind as guys with natural pure offensive ability who received much too little recruiting attention due to perceived athletic shortcomings.

And just to make this statement first,Nothing against the HAWKINS COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM.But a lot of the time it never has anything to do with the players ATHLETIC ABILITY,It's them not being able to make the necessary grades or make high enough on the ACT test to get in to some of the better programs.I've see plenty of players that could play at schools like DUKE,KU,UK etc. But grade wise they couldn't pass certain test to get in.That's why you see so much parody in college sports now.And see SO CALLED UPSETS more often when most of the players on these smaller and less known colleges could play at these larger colleges but grades are the big difference..

Not a hater .The kid can play his brother also .I know his dad very well .Been going to stste tournament when local teams go .Just don't like kids that change schools I know it happens everywhere but win with what you have not what u can recruit then you can be called a good coach not a recruiter.Christ school took 2 of DB players this year guess what they fired there coach this weekend

You must be a fortune teller,Cause you can see into the future.But coming from a state where B-BALL is king,and like many other sports.What you do on one nite.Don't mean SQUAT when you're playing a different team on a different nite.THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES SLICK!!!

Concerning upper east tn. basketball verses Memphis basketball you don't have to be a fortune teller to know what's up. There's probably five teams in Memphis that Davey Crockett couldn't get within 30 points of. Also I didn't know you were from Kentucky.....SLICK.

Crockett has a very good team this year but once Good and 2-3 of the other Science Hill transfers graduate in '16 the Pioneers will fall back to the bottom of the conference. Players are only transferring because they want to play with Patrick. Once he graduates the transfers will stop and everyone knows it. Without him, they really aren't that good of a team. They would be the 3rd-4th best team in the conference this year without him. They are averaging 70-80 points a game and he's scoring 30-40 of those points. That tells you right there that without him they are nothing special. Yeah, they're 13-0 but who have they played? No one really. They're winning against pretty weak competition. They would lose by 25-30 to those Memphis teams.

Science Hill actually has a better team this year than I think a lot of people were expecting. They're just now starting to really gel as a team. The matchup with Crockett in a few weeks will be a wild one. Science Hill vs Science Hill is how a lot of people I know are referring to it.

Edited by TFL2001

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched Crockett several times, they have a very good player and some nice roll players. But anyone who thinks that their turnaround is based on them having a better coach than anybody else in the league don't know anything about basketball

Their coach my not be better but he's as good as anybody else in the league. Which ain't saying much. Pitts was the last good coach in this area.