District 4-AA vs District 3-AA

uptempo

It's obvious you have a "man crush" on this Jody guy.....you say "63 points is not great defense but average if you want to talk numbers"! Well to quote you, "jody preaches defense"....he gave up 70 to Carter in the district tournament then loses to Austin east in the consolation bracket....want more numbers...Fulton goes to CAK and is held to 42 points by a better coached private school team with inferior but more disciplined players...FHSALUM12....let it go.....you are out of your league knowledge and grammatically......I do agree with you about one thing concerning Halls....they are tough because they are better coached and Coach Moore's kids play hard for him....a sign of respect and good coaching!!!

Wow you must've got benched at fulton because to say any coach this side of the state is better than coach wright is just silly the numbers speak for themselves 20+ state appearances 2 gold balls and 2 silvers and multiple CLOSE losses to teams with far more talent than fulton... Who do you know with those credentials?? I'll wait... And how long has halls been playing bball this season? Like I said fulton has 8 players from a 12 man roster who just came back from football... NormanDale... it's clear to see you don't want to actually talk basketball you just want to point out the negatives and that's okay but when fulton starts succeeding like always I don't want to here any excuses... Edited by FHSalumn12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FHSALUM12....let it go.....you are out of your league knowledge and grammatically....

And to address this ignorant statement... You must believe that you are the only person that knows basketball... Well I guarantee that I am just as knowledgeable about basketball and/or grammar as you, if not more. I just supported my team on a basketball thread. I don't know what I said to offend you, but it's painfully clear that you are angry about something.

And to address this ignorant statement... You must believe that you are the only person that knows basketball... Well I guarantee that I am just as knowledgeable about basketball and/or grammar as you, if not more. I just supported my team on a basketball thread. I don't know what I said to offend you, but it's painfully clear that you are angry about something.

You seem like a knowledgeable guy to me and in my opinion have always been classy in every post I have ever seen you contribute both in basketball and football boards. Never lose your cool even when being attacked and I respect that. Also, you have been a great mentor to one of our own at OR Darel Middleton. You contribute a lot to both boards.

Edited by SweetScience

Wow you must've got benched at fulton because to say any coach this side of the state is better than coach wright is just silly the numbers speak for themselves 20+ state appearances 2 gold balls and 2 silvers and multiple CLOSE losses to teams with far more talent than fulton... Who do you know with those credentials?? I'll wait... And how long has halls been playing bball this season? Like I said fulton has 8 players from a 12 man roster who just came back from football... NormanDale... it's clear to see you don't want to actually talk basketball you just want to point out the negatives and that's okay but when fulton starts succeeding like always I don't want to here any excuses...

So "no coach on this side of the state is better than Jody?" :huh:

What about John Good, or Aaron Green, Mark Blevins, or even Joby Boydstone?

Carter had done virtually nothing the previous 2 years after Lester Wilson graduated, so you think they just HAPPENED to make the state tournament last year?

You think that David Crockett has gone from a laughing stock to undefeated by coincidence?

You think that Aaron Green won 153 games at Cleveland High and has taken Oak Ridge to back-to-back state tourneys (missing the gold ball last year by TWO points to a superior Blackman team) after 3 straight years of losing in the Region 2-AAA tourney by coincidence?

You think that Mark Blevins has made multiple state tournaments and defeated BOTH of Fulton's state championship teams (and been undefeated so far this year) by coincidence?

LOL!!! Get real.

So "no coach on this side of the state is better than Jody?" :huh:

What about John Good, or Aaron Green, Mark Blevins, or even Joby Boydstone?

Carter had done virtually nothing the previous 2 years after Lester Wilson graduated, so you think they just HAPPENED to make the state tournament last year?

You think that David Crockett has gone from a laughing stock to undefeated by coincidence?

You think that Aaron Green won 153 games at Cleveland High and has taken Oak Ridge to back-to-back state tourneys (missing the gold ball last year by TWO points to a superior Blackman team) after 3 straight years of losing in the Region 2-AAA tourney by coincidence?

You think that Mark Blevins has made multiple state tournaments and defeated BOTH of Fulton's state championship teams (and been undefeated so far this year) by coincidence?

LOL!!! Get real.

I agree with you there. Jody is a very good coach, but their are other really good ones too in the ones you mentioned. I'll second Green. He has really elevated the OR program. We have had some really good teams in the past, but went through a little down period when Wortman was here and Green stepped in and took a team Wortman really didn't think had a chance to be very good and automatically turned them into bonafide contenders. Kids love him and gravitate towards him.

Edited by SweetScience

Wow you must've got benched at fulton because to say any coach this side of the state is better than coach wright is just silly the numbers speak for themselves 20+ state appearances 2 gold balls and 2 silvers and multiple CLOSE losses to teams with far more talent than fulton... Who do you know with those credentials?? I'll wait... And how long has halls been playing bball this season? Like I said fulton has 8 players from a 12 man roster who just came back from football... NormanDale... it's clear to see you don't want to actually talk basketball you just want to point out the negatives and that's okay but when fulton starts succeeding like always I don't want to here any excuses...

Duuuuuh, if you will check lines 1-5 I was talking b-ball and pointed out facts....YOU choose to ride that hero worship argument about WHO the better coach is, John Wooden or Jody Wright?#|%! Give facts....not keep J.W. on a pedestal all night argument......

Not angry.....just feel the need to point out that I got in your head and you failed to see it!!! Tenn. has a rich tradition of great H.S. coaches who build from within and develop talent from their own hallways w/o undue influence. To me a great coach is one who can take the hand he is dealt and get the most out of his kids night in and night out....those may not always equate to "gold balls" but they equate to young men who learn valuable lessons and ready them for life!

I agree with you there. Jody is a very good coach, but their are other really good ones too in the ones you mentioned. I'll second Green. He has really elevated the OR program. We have had some really good teams in the past, but went through a little down period when Wortman was here and Green stepped in and took a team Wortman really didn't think had a chance to be very good and automatically turned them into bonafide contenders. Kids love him and gravitate towards him.

Green turned it back around pretty quickly, that's for sure. Doesn't look like he's gonna slow down anytime soon either. I'll be watching Oak Ridge's game scores throughout the season, because I think they have a good chance to go back to MTSU.

Green turned it back around pretty quickly, that's for sure. Doesn't look like he's gonna slow down anytime soon either. I'll be watching Oak Ridge's game scores throughout the season, because I think they have a good chance to go back to MTSU.

2017 could be our dropoff year, but we will always have pretty good talent. We have since 1943 and don't see that stopping. When I was at the Boro last year I was surprised to see that we had been to state a lot more times than any of the others that were there. I believe it said close to 20 times in the handbook.

2017 could be our dropoff year, but we will always have pretty good talent. We have since 1943 and don't see that stopping. When I was at the Boro last year I was surprised to see that we had been to state a lot more times than any of the others that were there. I believe it said close to 20 times in the handbook.

I'm not surprised at all that OR has been that many times with the tradition y'all have. We've had basketball since 1950 ourselves and we've been 20 times, most recently in 2012, but graduation hit us HARD after that year. Our future looks bright, as our freshman and sophomore classes are stacked. We always get better after our football players join the basketball team obviously. Coach Kirk should get things going again soon.

I'm not surprised at all that OR has been that many times with the tradition y'all have. We've had basketball since 1950 ourselves and we've been 20 times, most recently in 2012, but graduation hit us HARD after that year. Our future looks bright, as our freshman and sophomore classes are stacked. We always get better after our football players join the basketball team obviously. Coach Kirk should get things going again soon.

Yes sir. Not sure what year we started hoops up, but our athletic department started up in 1943. That was the year our football team started up. Basketball may have come along later I'm not sure there. Yeah we have a former NBA player in Otis Howard who played for the Bucks a few years. He held all the records until GA Tech Yellow Jacket Halston Lane ame on to the scene, but then I think Lonnie McClanahan from Green's early OR teams took the scoring title. He is now the starting PG for UT @ Arlington and is having a really good year so far from what I hear. Yep, the Tornadoes always have to wait awhile before the football players kick into gear, but when they do they're always a formidable squad. I expect them to give Maryville a tough game Fri night. With that game being a rivalry all records go out the window.

Yes sir. Not sure what year we started hoops up, but our athletic department started up in 1943. That was the year our football team started up. Basketball may have come along later I'm not sure there. Yeah we have a former NBA player in Otis Howard who played for the Bucks a few years. He held all the records until GA Tech Yellow Jacket Halston Lane ame on to the scene, but then I think Lonnie McClanahan from Green's early OR teams took the scoring title. He is now the starting PG for UT @ Arlington and is having a really good year so far from what I hear. Yep, the Tornadoes always have to wait awhile before the football players kick into gear, but when they do they're always a formidable squad. I expect them to give Maryville a tough game Fri night. With that game being a rivalry all records go out the window.

We've had several great players through the years, such as Herman Thompson, who played at UT in the late 50's; Micah Marsh who went to Arkansas State and later came back to coach; Travis Stinnett who played at Alabama, and also Dave Davis who is actually more known for football as I think he later played in the NFL. Not sure if we've had any NBA players though, LOL.

Yep, when Maryville comes to town, everything is out the window, but first, we gotta win our district opener Thursday at Kingston.