District 4-AA vs District 3-AA

uptempo

We've had several great players through the years, such as Herman Thompson, who played at UT in the late 50's; Micah Marsh who went to Arkansas State and later came back to coach; Travis Stinnett who played at Alabama, and also Dave Davis who is actually more known for football as I think he later played in the NFL. Not sure if we've had any NBA players though, LOL.

Yep, when Maryville comes to town, everything is out the window, but first, we gotta win our district opener Thursday at Kingston.

Oh y'all got that with ease man lol

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not angry.....just feel the need to point out that I got in your head and you failed to see it!!! Tenn. has a rich tradition of great H.S. coaches who build from within and develop talent from their own hallways w/o undue influence. To me a great coach is one who can take the hand he is dealt and get the most out of his kids night in and night out....those may not always equate to "gold balls" but they equate to young men who learn valuable lessons and ready them for life!

Coach Wright did not win a game his first season in 1984 and by 1988 he had the fulton boys led by Ivan Roper in the state tourney... Coach wright is one of the best men I know and he never talked wins and losses... He talked about effort and mental toughness... Both are qualities a man will need to succeed in life... But think what you want... But like I said I still believe fulton will beat carter... Is my opinion biased? Of course but that style carter plays does not match up with fulton well on a regular basis...

So "no coach on this side of the state is better than Jody?" :huh:

What about John Good, or Aaron Green, Mark Blevins, or even Joby Boydstone?

Carter had done virtually nothing the previous 2 years after Lester Wilson graduated, so you think they just HAPPENED to make the state tournament last year?

You think that David Crockett has gone from a laughing stock to undefeated by coincidence?

You think that Aaron Green won 153 games at Cleveland High and has taken Oak Ridge to back-to-back state tourneys (missing the gold ball last year by TWO points to a superior Blackman team) after 3 straight years of losing in the Region 2-AAA tourney by coincidence?

You think that Mark Blevins has made multiple state tournaments and defeated BOTH of Fulton's state championship teams (and been undefeated so far this year) by coincidence?

LOL!!! Get real.

Well Alcoa bball we all know your hate for coach wright but look at the facts... He came to a school in 1984 and lost every single game and by 1988 he had them in the state tourney... That's called turning a program around and now he has 600+ wins its not too many that can say that... And to address that coach Blevins thing you obviously did not watch the games we played against Bearden those years they beat us... They had 8 d1 players and 2 more d2 players on that 12 man roster... Get real they had a 6"9 post and our tallest player was 6"5 lol they had two 6"7 wings on that team as well... And if we get a call in the Christmas tourney at bearden in 08 we get that w but we still only lost 52-48... That bearden team averaged almost 100 points and we played them better than anybody until the state tourney... Blevins is a great coach and so are the others you mentioned but to say they are hands down better is laughable... It's hard to say who is better but I know coach wright is up there...

One last comment about E Tn coaches. Jody Wright is one of the best. To imply he recruits and can't win with players walking the halls is misguided. Green is good. Moore is good ask green Moore has beaten him on more than one ocassion with less talent. Blevins is good. Sure I am missing some. But let's move on to to topic of this thread.

Carter 20 pts better. New coach came in to the perfect storm. Bull took his lumps for two years playing frosh and sophs. Last year they came into their own. New energy plus great talent made the successful. Same story this year. Best two players in E Tn other three starters better than average. Do they have the depth to maintain that pace. Weak schedule will help to develop depth. One injury could be devastating Combine that with Alcoa Fulton AE all being down. They will not be challenged.

Rest of region is a toss up for second. AE Alcoa Cak catholic and Fulton will battle for second.

Well Alcoa bball we all know your hate for coach wright but look at the facts... He came to a school in 1984 and lost every single game and by 1988 he had them in the state tourney... That's called turning a program around and now he has 600+ wins its not too many that can say that... And to address that coach Blevins thing you obviously did not watch the games we played against Bearden those years they beat us... They had 8 d1 players and 2 more d2 players on that 12 man roster... Get real they had a 6"9 post and our tallest player was 6"5 lol they had two 6"7 wings on that team as well... And if we get a call in the Christmas tourney at bearden in 08 we get that w but we still only lost 52-48... That bearden team averaged almost 100 points and we played them better than anybody until the state tourney... Blevins is a great coach and so are the others you mentioned but to say they are hands down better is laughable... It's hard to say who is better but I know coach wright is up there...

Wright is up there, but to the thought that NO ONE on this side of the state is better than him is just foolish.

More with less my butt. Anytime you have a point guard like Oteriah Lee, a center like Brett Kendrick, the Campbell brothers and Keck, you're gonna win some games. Just sayin'.

Still a good coach, though.

Made sub state (and lost by 2) with no players over 6'2 and starting two freshman; one player in the history of the school (Oteriah) has gone on to play college.

The Campbell brothers? The only yr Nick started was his senior year. Outside of Wells, all the other coaches have had multiple college players and at least one D1 player.

Don't think he is the best on this list (probably Blevins from X and O stand point), but he does not have the most to work with year in and year out.