Union City Footbal 2015

uctfan

Just saying, Union City will be tough once again come late August 2015.  A host of Juniors that have been in two state finals and know how to win will help lead Union City through another successful season next year.  They will surprise several teams so do not count them out.  They will be hurting a little on the line but with new kids coming into the program, look for Union City to continue to have the bulls eye on their backs until they are beaten and done with.  But still enjoying this past GOLD ball and the Back to back seasons.  This past season will truly go down in the record books in single A and this team will be remembered by TOTAL dominance !

Just saying, Union City will be tough once again come late August 2015. A host of Juniors that have been in two state finals and know how to win will help lead Union City through another successful season next year. They will surprise several teams so do not count them out. They will be hurting a little on the line but with new kids coming into the program, look for Union City to continue to have the bulls eye on their backs until they are beaten and done with. But still enjoying this past GOLD ball and the Back to back seasons. This past season will truly go down in the record books in single A and this team will be remembered by TOTAL dominance !

More new kids coming in to the program? Kids coming up from 8th grade or transfers?

More new kids coming in to the program? Kids coming up from 8th grade or transfers?

Kids coming up and some former players who didn't come out their 10th or 11th grade year will be coming back as we understand.  There is also that "what if" someone moves to Union City for work or other reasons.  Added on who will step up from to be 10th and 11th graders will help support the team.  There will be NO WAY the Seniors from this years team will be replaced...they will go down as one of if not the greatest and most decorated group of kids in Union City Football History.  They have earned enough awards in two years that their necks are wrapped with tons of medals.  Should be interesting and fun.

A few 8th graders, a couple of kids that dropped out when they saw what was required of them but now have reconsidered, and 1 transfer who has been living in another state with a divorced parent that is moving back. Most new kids coming into our program are in for a rude awakening. We haven't been good because of big numbers but because of the dedication of the ones that are there. The biggest difference between the 2014 team and the  2015 team will be the size of the line. Average size of the line will drop from about 270 to about 240. Skill people won't drop very much. Coach Bowling has told his players that no one is going to fell sorry for them for the players that are leaving so work hard and get ready to keep the winning streak going.

A few 8th graders, a couple of kids that dropped out when they saw what was required of them but now have reconsidered, and 1 transfer who has been living in another state with a divorced parent that is moving back. Most new kids coming into our program are in for a rude awakening. We haven't been good because of big numbers but because of the dedication of the ones that are there. The biggest difference between the 2014 team and the  2015 team will be the size of the line. Average size of the line will drop from about 270 to about 240. Skill people won't drop very much. Coach Bowling has told his players that no one is going to fell sorry for them for the players that are leaving so work hard and get ready to keep the winning streak going.

Not at all worried about the size of the lineman...As long as they have good technique they will be fine...

Next years team could surprise us; we were no where in the conversation of winning a state championship in 2013 cause all the players we lost from a decent 2012 team. So with the dedication they had going into that season who says it cant happen again. The blowouts that we had were good for one thing and thats give the younger players experience and thats really going to help. The question will be who will be our signal caller. Cace got some experience there when Walton was sidelined; so will it be him or could someone give him some competition? Also who will step in at fullback?

Edited by JDOGG80

Next years team could surprise us; we were no where in the conversation of winning a state championship in 2013 cause all the players we lost from a decent 2012 team. So with the dedication they had going into that season who says it cant happen again. The blowouts that we had were good for one thing and thats give the younger players experience and thats really going to help. The question will be who will be our signal caller. Cace got some experience there when Walton was sidelined; so will it be him or could someone give him some competition? Also who will step in at fullback?

Union City is the equivalent of Trousdale County at the 1A level. 3/5 years they will have a legitimate chance to win the gold ball.

At the skilled positions I'm most worried about replacing Henry at fullback. He carried the ball 25 to 35 times a game. Since we started every play by either giving him the ball or faking it to him, he got hit on every play. He played lb on defense and was on all kicking teams both punt and kickoff. Played the last 13 games without missing any time for injury. Probably the toughest kid I've ever seen play.

• 3 weeks later...