MARYVILLE 2015

PassiveAggressive

I personally think the defense will be the strength of the Rebels this year and the offense will be the question mark due to losing five out of six linemen. We have good people at the other positions on offense but this one bothers me. I trust Ellis but I also seen what Alcoa did to us in the JV game towards the end of the season last year( 35-0) and that will be some of our new line this year. I remember one man at that game saying I'm sure glad my kid don't play QB or RB suggesting we had two weak groups of offensive linemen and they may be forced to go with some younger kids in the line this year. I talked to Ellis myself a few weeks ago about the team and the very first thing he mentioned to me was having to replace five out of the six across the front line so I look for that to be the big question mark for this team. The other big question is why would a kicker/punter that has D-1 possibilities not go back out for football their senior year. Four places that is going to hurt is extra points, field goals, kick offs in the end zone and punts with long hang times that allowed us to keep teams with dangerous return men in check. It never fails that Maryville always improves in other departments to take the heat off the areas of the team that are weaker or until they rebuild but I see the defense to be the strong point of the team.

I bet GQ and Crew are thrilled when you let out secrets such as the kicker returning or not! Are you sure you are a Maryville homer?

I bet GQ and Crew are thrilled when you let out secrets such as the kicker returning or not! Are you sure you are a Maryville homer?

We will overcome. That's the whole fun of following the Rebels. Where one part is weak another picks up the slack and my opinion the defense will do just that. We've been down this street many times. That is the fun of picking up that gold ball at the end of the season when those obstacles are put in front of you or it wouldn't be fun to watch. If you think someone that plays us don't know what's going on then you must live in a cave. Those problems will all be ironed out by the time preseason is over with and we get into the real season and into game 14 and 15. If I thought all they did was just wave a wand at Maryville and the new problems just went away I would follow someone else. Last year we came into the season having to replace Prevo and a new QB but guess what , they did it.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Ellejoy A&M travels to The Black Hole for the first game. And the jamboree is at Alcoee this year. I have no clue the lineup for it. Maybe AlcoaBasketball could shed light on that.

Maryville plays Alcoa in the first Qtr of the Jamboree. It's at Alcoa. Edited by Governors91

No doubt there at all. This coming Friday will be the test and looking forward to seeing how they react.

LOL....sorry but I continue to laugh at your posts, Barney. Maryville's offense will pretty much score at will this season...if they can stay away from key injuries. Oh sure they may struggle a bit early as the offense tunes and tweaks but don't kid yourself into believing the O-line will be an issue. They are pretty much loaded on offense.