NEW 9-AAA Baseball Thread

FightinIllini

I'm not sure why it's this way, but I think since they went to divisions it's always been that the the 2 and 4 teams go to the other division host, and the 3 stays with their own division host.  It is sort of set up to where the #1 division teams can meet for the championship, if it plays out that way.  Good luck to you guys as well.

My sister and brother-in-law loved the pics, as did everybody else who has seen them.  You really do have a gift, as one other parent said.  I was talking to mondo44 last night at the game, and he said it's almost like you get your subjects to stop and pose right in the middle of the plays!  Keep snapping them!

Southernfried, you are a pro. We have a pic you took from the Hville-Portland fball game in 2013 sitting on the shelf in the den of my son in the game. Perfect how you got all the kids from both teams in action. I am sure you are good at what you do now but you should be doing this for a living. Good luck to your son and the Panthers in the tourney!

Southernfried, you are a pro. We have a pic you took from the Hville-Portland fball game in 2013 sitting on the shelf in the den of my son in the game. Perfect how you got all the kids from both teams in action. I am sure you are good at what you do now but you should be doing this for a living. Good luck to your son and the Panthers in the tourney!

Yall make me blush, I hope to one day have his as a paying hobby when I retire, to keep me from the honey do's list lol I do freelance work now for the local newspaper, but, like I said, I have a lot to learn and its all stepping stones. Good luck to yall in the other bracket as well. Heard today that Purvis was ejected, but he may have his suspension over by the game Friday night, and heard they lost their short stop for ejection last night. But one player dont make a team. We still have an up hill fight, and now we are down a player for injury as well. 

Scores from district tourney today

Beech 5-0 over Portland

WC 5-4 over MJ in 9 innings

SC 6-5 over Gallatin

Hville 12-1 over Lebanon in 5 innings

Watched most of GHS-SC and all of Hville-LHS

Hope Zazzaro is okay for SC as he was hit in the head with a line drive while in the dugout in the 3rd inning. He had to come out , saw him later with an ice bag on his head. Grant Williams ended the 2nd game with a long home run to LF. Commandos once again really hit the ball well and got pretty good pitching. On Monday at MJ the Bears face BHS at 4 with the winner getting WC at 7. At Drakes Creek in Hville LHS plays SC at 4 with the winner getting Hville at 7.

Congrats to #15 from MJ throwing a no hitter against us as well last night. Kid pitched a gem. Good luck to our other Sumner County team Beech as well Monday. I have known 3 of those kids since they were little (including one is a cousin lol), great bunch of players.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Nice win for Hville as they defeat SC to win their side of the bracket 9-2. Will Wacaser tossed a complete game 3 hitter for the win. Braden Schwerdt had a key RBI single early and Jarques Wardlaw had a big 2 run triple later. Hville now hosts WC Wednesday night for the district championship. WC defeated MJ 4-1 tonight to win the other side of the bracket. Both teams have qualified for the region which I believe starts next Monday.

Congrats to #15 from MJ throwing a no hitter against us as well last night. Kid pitched a gem. Good luck to our other Sumner County team Beech as well Monday. I have known 3 of those kids since they were little (including one is a cousin lol), great bunch of players.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Thanks for the acknowledgement , Jonathan Smith.... 2016

Hvile wins the 9-AAA tournament championship 2-0 over WC. Grant Williams and Andrew Fuller combined on a 3 hit shutout. The Commandos scored in the first on an RBI hit by Ben Smith and then in the 6th on a 2 out single by Conner Fischer. Well pitched game by Schmitt for WC as he allowed 6 hits and the 2 runs going all the way. The Commandos will host the District 10 runner up Monday at Drakes Creek Park in Hendersonville in the region semis. Great effort tonight by a great group of young men! Go Commandos!

• 2 weeks later...