TSWA 1A All-State Team

RudyWasOffsides

A few things that I noticed about this list.

1. There are no wide receivers

2. There are 2 kickers

3. NCS only has 1 player on the team

4. Union City(6), Coalfield(5) and Greenback(3) make up almost half of the entire team

The biggest thing I see is where is Bitelli, and I know that's not spelled right, he's the best player I seen on a football field all year.

Congrats to all the kids, but Coalfield having 5 all state players? That is laughable to say the least. They have a couple of deserving kids, but not 5. Union City has 6 on the team and Coalfield has 5? If they truly have 5 all state players then someone didn't get coached up enough. I've seen a few of the "great" teams through the years get 5-6 players, but this is ridiculous. I believe SP had maybe 3 last year. 5 players making all state for a team that got mercy ruled in the finals is just too much. Nashville Christian was clearly the second best team and they have 1 player making the list? This list is pitiful.

Chris, not a very classy comment. We have one from oakdale, and I am thankful for it. I would say any team that makes the state title game starting 5 freshmen and replacing 18 starters was coached up. No need to be that way. CONGRATULATIONS to all of the players who made all state!

Chris, not a very classy comment. We have one from oakdale, and I am thankful for it. I would say any team that makes the state title game starting 5 freshmen and replacing 18 starters was coached up. No need to be that way. CONGRATULATIONS to all of the players who made all state!

5 kids is too many to make all state unless you are some super team like Union City. A team with 5, true all state players is one of those rare undefeated or one loss teams. The 2010 SP team that won the state only had 2-3 all state players. Nashville Christian only having one represented is a complete joke.

5 kids is too many to make all state unless you are some super team like Union City. A team with 5, true all state players is one of those rare undefeated or one loss teams. The 2010 SP team that won the state only had 2-3 all state players. Nashville Christian only having one represented is a complete joke.

I disagree with NCS being the obvious second best team.

So grateful that we have you to keep all of us so informed on what is right and wrong in this world. You should change your screen name to Nostradamus. Just have some respect for other teams and KIDS.

So grateful that we have you to keep all of us so informed on what is right and wrong in this world. You should change your screen name to Nostradamus. Just have some respect for other teams and KIDS.

Plenty of respect but the way these teams are selected is wrong. Teams with that many all state players shouldn't get beat five times in one season. All state use to mean something. It means very little in today's society.
  • Upvote 1

The biggest thing I see is where is Bitelli, and I know that's not spelled right, he's the best player I seen on a football field all year.

I,m absolutely shocked this kid didn't make it. He's a d1 looking for a place to happen. I,m not sure NC even used the kid the way they should have.