Wartburg Central Head Coach?

SweetEmotion

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Davis? I think the program will take steps backward with this hire. Someone mentioned discipline earlier? Well, what I vividly remember was the team Davis had back in 03. That team had more experience and talent than any Wartburg team in recent memory. The problem was that they were a bunch of primma donnas who from what I saw, talked back to Davis, slung their helmuts, and threw  tantrums when things didn't go their way. Also, the guy lacked any enthusiasm and this was reflected in his players. Most games during warm ups, it sounded like a funeral instead of a sporting event. Hey, what do I know, but I don't see any progress here at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ellison doesn't know what he's getting into at Powell.  He's their 6th head coach in 4 years.  None of the previous 4 guys made it for longer than a year.  That program is a dumpster fire now with meddling parents and an administration that's crazy.  They'll find some excuse to can or run him off after a year.  Eventually, they're going to drive a coach to suicide.

As for Wartburg, they brought Davis back because the folks there knew him, and they had no other openings, so their only choices were to hire someone already in the system or hire a non-faculty head coach.

They had some good candidates apply and none of them even got interviews.  Wartburg just wants to field a football team.  The administration doesn't care if they're competitive.  It's a shame because they have some tradition there and it's a nice community.

Brawner was a joke.  He wants to stay on as the Alt. School babysitter but they might dump him after the year.  I hear he's interviewed to go to Jellico to run their defense next year.  Wherever that guy's been, it's been a disaster.

Edited by CoachingHopeful

Ellison doesn't know what he's getting into at Powell.  He's their 6th head coach in 4 years.  None of the previous 4 guys made it for longer than a year.  That program is a dumpster fire now with meddling parents and an administration that's crazy.  They'll find some excuse to can or run him off after a year.  Eventually, they're going to drive a coach to suicide.

As for Wartburg, they brought Davis back because the folks there knew him, and they had no other openings, so their only choices were to hire someone already in the system or hire a non-faculty head coach.

They had some good candidates apply and none of them even got interviews.  Wartburg just wants to field a football team.  The administration doesn't care if they're competitive.  It's a shame because they have some tradition there and it's a nice community.

Brawner was a joke.  He wants to stay on as the Alt. School babysitter but they might dump him after the year.  I hear he's interviewed to go to Jellico to run their defense next year.  Wherever that guy's been, it's been a disaster.

Rang did a good job