Happy Valley new football coach

DukeDodgers

Pretty much all we lose. Lose a couple WR's but we return our entire O and D line all of our RB's and LB's. We get our leading recievers and DB's (#1 and #13) back as well. Looking for a QB... Weeks has big shoes to fill but in our offense we can insert a RB and he should be fine if he can throw the ball just a little bit!

Sounds like you should have a pretty good squad. Good luck

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have hired Lunsford.

Wasn't an option. I'm pretty sure they could have hired Pittman from Cloudland. It would be hard to argue his success ,went from Seller dwellers to contenders  FAST.  Most schools like to hire from within, sometimes it works and other times its back to the drawing board.

Sounds like you should have a pretty good squad. Good luck

We should be pretty good..if we can find someone to fill weeks shoes we may be really good! I honestly think you guys are the team to beat right now. GP lost a lot from last season but will still be a very solid team. Coached well and their kids buy in 100% just don't see them with the talent they typically have next year. After that I think it may be a mess deciding 3rd and 4th. Like we talked about earlier ...don't know much about SN at all and im not real familiar with HV but we have scrimmaged CG for the last 5 years or so and we are typically better than them with our first 11 they are a little deeper with more kids. I would think from that and the region last year that it will be Cosby, SN, and HV fighting for the last 2 spots.

Wasn't an option. I'm pretty sure they could have hired Pittman from Cloudland. It would be hard to argue his success ,went from Seller dwellers to contenders  FAST.  Most schools like to hire from within, sometimes it works and other times its back to the drawing board.

Brock has done a good job a Cloudland. Not taking away from what he has done but he kinda came in at a good time too. Had some pretty special athletes taking some young lumps before he got there. Those young'uns played a lot early and really turned into good ballplayers.

If I was an outsider looking in I would see HV as the better job just from looking at their facilities and whatnot...knowing what I know though I think Brock is better off where he's at.

We should be pretty good..if we can find someone to fill weeks shoes we may be really good! I honestly think you guys are the team to beat right now. GP lost a lot from last season but will still be a very solid team. Coached well and their kids buy in 100% just don't see them with the talent they typically have next year. After that I think it may be a mess deciding 3rd and 4th. Like we talked about earlier ...don't know much about SN at all and im not real familiar with HV but we have scrimmaged CG for the last 5 years or so and we are typically better than them with our first 11 they are a little deeper with more kids. I would think from that and the region last year that it will be Cosby, SN, and HV fighting for the last 2 spots.

GP may not be in the mix, if I'm not mistaken them and AE had a little frolic and both are on a 1 year probation. HV refurns several talented kids but a 1st year coach may have some growing pains. I don't know who SG and NG lost but either could be a challenge. Its going to be different to say the least.

Brock has done a good job a Cloudland. Not taking away from what he has done but he kinda came in at a good time too. Had some pretty special athletes taking some young lumps before he got there. Those young'uns played a lot early and really turned into good ballplayers.

If I was an outsider looking in I would see HV as the better job just from looking at their facilities and whatnot...knowing what I know though I think Brock is better off where he's at.

Weird situation 

GP may not be in the mix, if I'm not mistaken them and AE had a little frolic and both are on a 1 year probation. HV refurns several talented kids but a 1st year coach may have some growing pains. I don't know who SG and NG lost but either could be a challenge. Its going to be different to say the least.

I don't believe either one got a playoff ban did they? I thought it was one of those you better be good for a while warnings. GP was pretty good last season had a monster line and RB. I know they lost the RB who was a huge part of their offensive production last season. They will still be very good don't get me wrong but if yall want to set the tone to be the big dogs in this region you have a good opportunity to do so this next season. If one of us don't get em next year it will be a long few seasons with them in our region until they change it up again.

I don't believe either one got a playoff ban did they? I thought it was one of those you better be good for a while warnings. GP was pretty good last season had a monster line and RB. I know they lost the RB who was a huge part of their offensive production last season. They will still be very good don't get me wrong but if yall want to set the tone to be the big dogs in this region you have a good opportunity to do so this next season. If one of us don't get em next year it will be a long few seasons with them in our region until they change it up again.

I, m not sure what the penalty was and it really don't matter. We should be about as good as a Hampton can get next season. The biggest key is staying healthy. I look forward to the new region,but it will probably only be a 2 year thing.

i have to agree with you about Pittman having some special kids,I would have traded HV coach for coach just to get rid of him,he doesn't use the talent he has imo.he lets the players tell him what they're gonna do,so what if little Bobbie doesn't want to play the position git rid of him the coaches in the past would not have put up with these kids ,you did not talk back ,you showed respect you did what was asked of you.

Happy Valley is a wreck. The coaching move they made by keeping it in house was best decision they could have made. Their team has been on the decline for years ever since that joke Shively took over. He tried to turn HV into Science Hill(The last school he failed out) and it didn't work. Now that he's gone they should be able to start rebuilding. Will they be contenders this season? Honestly I don't think they will. I see them at 4-6 or 5-5 at best. In a few years yeah but the fact they dropped in enrollment enough to go 2A is never a good sign for a school that used to be bigger than Elizabethton for a year or 2. Your conference will be good in the long run as it seems very balanced.

Also North might not be in your conference but for a few years as if the merger is approved they could be sucked into South and East would be combined with Central.

Edited by EHSTrack06

i have to agree with you about Pittman having some special kids,I would have traded HV coach for coach just to get rid of him,he doesn't use the talent he has imo.he lets the players tell him what they're gonna do,so what if little Bobbie doesn't want to play the position git rid of him the coaches in the past would not have put up with these kids ,you did not talk back ,you showed respect you did what was asked of you.

Can't see this lasting much longer, just a rumor but i heard Cloudland was courting Brewer from Avery pretty hard.I'm not sure who will be coaching next season but whoever it is just lost a pretty special class. Its going to be difficult to replace all the kids off last years team. That bunch won a TON of football game for alonnnnngggg time.