Recruiting players

devilsden

I believe a lot of this is semantics in the athletic culture we find ourselves in. I have always hated the word "recruiting" when it comes to high school athletics. It just sounds illegal. BUT, what I'm finding is, that a good coach has to be able to "sell" their program even to the kids who are already zoned for his/her school. I'm not just talking football, I'm talking all sports.

If there is a really good football player at Carpenter's Middle, who is zoned for William Blount or Heritage, is it considered "recruiting" for a WB or Heritage coach to try to talk to that kid--or his family--and sell the merits of attending the school he is supposed to attend? If that is the definition of recruiting we are talking about, then I believe that coaches must do it.

no problem with at all if a coach trys to sell his program to his city and county school kids. But if that same coach is a Blount Co HS and doing it in Knox County, it is recruiting.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post only filled in one square on your bingo board. That, with the free center only make two filled in squares. We do not have a BINGO. Continue playing...  B)

CoachT_Bingo_zpsd99fc5d1.png

Ov course we nose tha rools ........RR yore BEANGO card iz a lott moore ennurustin' thain most eye've seed.....Eye'll bet tha hi skool footbawl minded sisters weal like hit fer tha fund raisin' acktivitees...... :popcorneater:nuns-playing-bingo-440x374.jpg

Edited by STARSNBARS

My post only filled in one square on your bingo board. That, with the free center only make two filled in squares. We do not have a BINGO. Continue playing...  B)

Now that's funny!!

like I said all along, school choice is good. Choose before Hs, move in county and your fine. Choose to move after that, sit a year unless u get an approved tssaa hardship. But it should be a parents choice, not HS coaches hanging out a pee wee games recruiting kids.

That's the reason Stars attends all the Easter Egg hunts in Blount Co!

I'm off to a good start. I've got Private School, Spread Offense, Church Subsidies, unfortunately Alcoa....Don't see me getting the AAAAAA square.

I've got the early lead.