8AA 2015

hitme

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Order of finish: 1.Upperman 2.Dekalb 3. LA. 4. Central 5.Smith 6.Macon 7.York

How did you come up with this?  Who does each have returning.  YI split with LA, Macon, and took 2 with Smith Co, and only lost 1 player (basically).  How do they move to the bottom of the barrel? 

I know Upperman has Cannon and Lafever and the Stanton twins, DC has the Jennings kids that Pitches and plays SS.  Unsure about all the rest.  Central lost their coach, but will still have a good team so I don't see them finishing 4th. 

Order of finish: 1.Upperman 2.Dekalb 3. LA. 4. Central 5.Smith 6.Macon 7.York

1.Upperman-4 #1 type pitchers in the Stanton brothers, Cannon, Lafever and a lot of good bats. I think they will make a run to state. 2. DC- Jennings is maybe the best in the region and bring back a lot of good players from 2014. LA and CM battle for 3rd and 4th based on were they finished last year and how many they have back CM coach leaving will hurt them. Neither team has the pitching of the top two teams. I winged it on the last three....Macon, York, Smith. Macon has a new coach but beleave he was the. Coach. When they last competed for a title getting 2nd, Coach Hudson.

1.Upperman-4 #1 type pitchers in the Stanton brothers, Cannon, Lafever and a lot of good bats. I think they will make a run to state. 2. DC- Jennings is maybe the best in the region and bring back a lot of good players from 2014. LA and CM battle for 3rd and 4th based on were they finished last year and how many they have back CM coach leaving will hurt them. Neither team has the pitching of the top two teams. I winged it on the last three....Macon, York, Smith. Macon has a new coach but beleave he was the. Coach. When they last competed for a title getting 2nd, Coach Hudson.

Central's new coach has been on the staff since school opened and has also won a state championship at his previous stop....I'm not sure you can say coach powers leaving will hurt them.  They also return a pretty good nucleus of players from state tournament teams the past two seasons

I think one team to watch for is Cannon Co....who didn't even make you list btw.  Cannon has played all these teams tough for 3 years now and had Upperman beat in the district tournament last year. 

My top 3 would be MCM, Upperman, and DeKalb.....I think these 3 are above the rest

Central's new coach has been on the staff since school opened and has also won a state championship at his previous stop....I'm not sure you can say coach powers leaving will hurt them. They also return a pretty good nucleus of players from state tournament teams the past two seasons

I think one team to watch for is Cannon Co....who didn't even make you list btw. Cannon has played all these teams tough for 3 years now and had Upperman beat in the district tournament last year.

My top 3 would be MCM, Upperman, and DeKalb.....I think these 3 are above the rest

Todd Stanton, Tyler Stanton, Lafever, Cannon. Could be aces on most other AA's pitching staffs. They all four can also play the field and hit. Allison and some others also have good bats for the bees. I think this wins them to a regional championship. UHS is known for being a baseball power year after year.

Todd Stanton, Tyler Stanton, Lafever, Cannon. Could be aces on most other AA's pitching staffs. They all four can also play the field and hit. Allison and some others also have good bats for the bees. I think this wins them to a regional championship. UHS is known for being a baseball power year after year.

Well it sounds like Upperman won't lose a game this year so I'll have to keep an eye on them :popcorneater:

All these teams have quality arms to throw in district games..Should be another great year of 8AA baseball!

UHS will be the odds on favorite that for sure, but hey, it's baseball and anything can happen on any given night.  Looking forward to some great matchups! With the weather we are having right now, makes the anticipation of baseball season even higher.  Safe travels/playing for all the teams.

Well it sounds like Upperman won't lose a game this year so I'll have to keep an eye on them :popcorneater:

All these teams have quality arms to throw in district games..Should be another great year of 8AA baseball!

I won't go that far. UHS has a great pitching, and good but not dominant bats. They will have a few regional blemishes on their record. I just think they. Will have fewer than the rest. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Since DeKalb eliminated Upperman in last year's district play and lost only two players I would have to think that they would be the favorite of the district. They will be a senior laden team and I have been impressed with the new coach there. Upperman will be a junior heavy team and they return their two district pitchers in Cannon and Lafever. I respectfully disagree that the Stanton twins are "ace" pitchers. Todd pitched some last year while Tucker did not/does not pitch. The Guffey kid would probably be considered the #3 pitcher. The mystery to me is how much does Central Magnet reload. Lost a ton of talent/pitching. Return two all staters. The replacements will determine their competitiveness.

My order-

DeKalb

Upperman

Central Magnet