8AA 2015

hitme

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the update, sounds liker a good game. Who is the best teams in the district you have watched thus far?

Upperman has a pretty good team, wasn't impressed with their overall play though. W. Cannon and Ryno (LaFever) are not just good, they are consistent, which is what I look for in players. The loss of the Guffey kids athletic ability will hurt them in the long run.  Now, I am just basing that on when they played us (YI).  They only beat us 5-0, on their field, without 3 of our starting seniors (including our best pitcher), and our first time on a field due to weather.  They beat us the 2nd game in 5 innings, but again with 3 starters out and us giving up 6 errors.  I just don't see them beating MCM.  That should be the game to watch this year!  Don't see any other teams keeping up with them as bad as I hate to say that!

Upperman has a pretty good team, wasn't impressed with their overall play though. W. Cannon and Ryno (LaFever) are not just good, they are consistent, which is what I look for in players. The loss of the Guffey kids athletic ability will hurt them in the long run. Now, I am just basing that on when they played us (YI). They only beat us 5-0, on their field, without 3 of our starting seniors (including our best pitcher), and our first time on a field due to weather. They beat us the 2nd game in 5 innings, but again with 3 starters out and us giving up 6 errors. I just don't see them beating MCM. That should be the game to watch this year! Don't see any other teams keeping up with them as bad as I hate to say that!

UHS hasn't played near as tough a schedule as MCM thus far, so still they are unproven. They have pitching. Cannon and Lafever are as good as any 1-2 in 2a. The Stanton twins are a very good 3-4 and could be 1-2's with a lot of other teams. 5-6th pitchers are Brown and Allison, threw a combine no hitter verse Jackson Co(5-0 prior to the game) and was one batter away from a perfect game. The question with UHS is with the bats. Can the score runs on top pitchers when there two top guys might be off their game? Will be an interesting matchup when UHS plays MCM. The team that emerges from that could be a player at state. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

DC looks like they're finally getting to where we thought they would be. MCM is tough. Upperman isn't at their level. Central is definitely top at the moment.

if MCM can hit UHS, I don't see the bees keeping up with them. Cannon and Lafever are pretty tough, will be a great series. Dekalb is hitting their stride, but I think they have dug to big of a hole to climb out of.

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

if MCM can hit UHS, I don't see the bees keeping up with them. Cannon and Lafever are pretty tough, will be a great series. Dekalb is hitting their stride, but I think they have dug to big of a hole to climb out of.

Don't count DCS out yet, the regular season is only for seeding.  If they get on a roll into the district tournament you never know.  That is true with any team for that matter.  

It will depend on how our sophomore pitching develops thru the course of the year, so far so good.  Hopefully our schedule will have us ready for Upperman's pitching when the time comes.

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Don't count DCS out yet, the regular season is only for seeding. If they get on a roll into the district tournament you never know. That is true with any team for that matter.

It will depend on how our sophomore pitching develops thru the course of the year, so far so good. Hopefully our schedule will have us ready for Upperman's pitching when the time comes.

Problem I see with Dekalb is average pitching and average bats.......and Jennings. Not bad, just average. Now, You put Jennings with the 2011-2012 group, wow. I don't think they have the bats to handle 1. Cannon 2. Lafever 3. Stanton 4. Stanton (5. Allison 6. Brown)-no hitter verse Jackson Co. Now, MCM has the bats to score on UH, question is....Can UH keep stride. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Don't count DCS out yet, the regular season is only for seeding.  If they get on a roll into the district tournament you never know.  That is true with any team for that matter.  

It will depend on how our sophomore pitching develops thru the course of the year, so far so good.  Hopefully our schedule will have us ready for Upperman's pitching when the time comes.

you beat la