Tennessee's next O.C. is right under their nose in Maryville.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO I think Coach GQ would do a fabulous job, who cares about experience. Malzahn, Freeze, Chad Morris, Art Briles have all had a small bit of success (wink) making the jump from HS to College. GQ has ability to consistently get the very best out of his players that takes a special talent that very few have (whose currently coaching at any level). He calls unbelievable games, I have NO doubt he's as qualified as anyone on our current staff and anyone coach would bring in. And I'm sure he would do fine in recruiting... The guy can flat coach!

If I were in his shoes you know your going to get a three year contract that would be more money than you will have when you retire from Maryville High which  would send me on in a New York Minute. Face it how many more times do you need to beat William Blount, Heritage, Bearden, Farragut and Lenior City by fifty points to be happy. Turn around and look at a half empty stadium every Friday Night because people are bored from winning and choose not to come that night and have a season ticket going to waste. That's right a half empty stadium on a good night and when school takes a break it's a only at quarter capacity. Why in the world would someone want to devote their life to people that don't care when there is a gold mine to be made by moving up. What else are there to prove. the man has done more than Freeze and Malzahn put together in the high school ranks. There is no doubt he could put the pop into Tennessee's offense. I would hate to see him go as bad as anyone else that loves Maryville High Football but I sure would hate to see someone stay at a level way below their ability for my or anyone else's personal greed.  The only thing I would have to say is that I sure would pity the person that ends up succeeding him because they would be in a losing situation no matter where they turned because history has learned us that much when ever anyone has had to follow a legend.

Tonight was Open House at 825 Lawrence. So I spoke to King George about this and a few other things. Listening to him talk and seeing his face light up about Maryville High School, the students and the Red Rebels. We can all breathe a sigh of relief tonight and have a good nights sleep. There's more important things in his life than money. Spending quality time with his young boys and his wife is more valuable than a three year contract. That makes me respect the man more and more. And I don't care if the stadium is 1/3 full and they tear half of it down to make it look like there's more people in it, I'll be there. I'll never be bored or complacent with my Red Rebels. Football, basketball and baseball I'm there. When I get my letter in the mail that it's time to purchase my season tickets, I'll be there. Go Rebels!!!

I didn't say he was going to UT, he would be the obvious qualified choice in my opinion.  Freeze and Malzahn are from the same environment as G.Q. and made the jump and both would never have to work another day in their life if they quit today over their rewards and that's called thinking about your family. Nothing wrong at all if you enjoy what you do for a living and if you enjoy beating Bearden 62-0 on a Friday Night and you can't get enough of it why not stay. Lord knows there's room for more improvement there and when we play them next year at home the crowd will be less than the year before, duh. The biggest reason some fans can't stand the thought of him even thinking of leaving because there's not a coach out there like it and never will be. They know when that day comes the party is over.

Tonight was Open House at 825 Lawrence. So I spoke to King George about this and a few other things. Listening to him talk and seeing his face light up about Maryville High School, the students and the Red Rebels. We can all breathe a sigh of relief tonight and have a good nights sleep. There's more important things in his life than money. Spending quality time with his young boys and his wife is more valuable than a three year contract. That makes me respect the man more and more. And I don't care if the stadium is 1/3 full and they tear half of it down to make it look like there's more people in it, I'll be there. I'll never be bored or complacent with my Red Rebels. Football, basketball and baseball I'm there. When I get my letter in the mail that it's time to purchase my season tickets, I'll be there. Go Rebels!!!

Nothing wrong with that and I wished we had more fans like you. You see the little things that make bigger things and understand why by seeing all those practices which most people only see the end result and have no idea or appreciation of how it came together. I myself enjoyed going to see the practices when I could because I see the same things you see but work keeps me from seeing it all the time.