REGION 5 (5A) THREAD

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, the #'s are in. I will use last years stats just to keep things simple since both years where 3-7.  Last year Franklin County averaged 22.2 Points per game, and gave up 35.0 Points per game.  Their opponents went 55-45 in the regular season.  This year FC averaged 17.1 Points per game and gave up 36.1 Points per game.  Their opponents went 57-43 in the regular season.  Now that is what I would call a huge improvement wouldn't you Mr. Marshall?  I tend to think that it is actually worse than last year.  The teams they played that where ranked so high only won two more games than the teams FC played last year, with the same results for FC. Plus FC scored 51 more points last year and gave up 11 Fewer points last year.  JE, I think the kool-aid is gonna get more and more sour the longer is sets.

rampage  Yes I still say they have a chance to go 4-6 or 5-5 you never know until those games are played. After the win over Columbia FC averages 21.5 points a game. My opinion is that FC is playing a stronger schedule and doing just as well as last season with a new coach and new system just takes time and hard work to dial it in.  Franklin County’s strength of schedule for 2015  is 12th in class 5 A. Last year 2014 strength of schedule was 51st.

bump

Alright, the #'s are in. I will use last years stats just to keep things simple since both years where 3-7.  Last year Franklin County averaged 22.2 Points per game, and gave up 35.0 Points per game.  Their opponents went 55-45 in the regular season.  This year FC averaged 17.1 Points per game and gave up 36.1 Points per game.  Their opponents went 57-43 in the regular season.  Now that is what I would call a huge improvement wouldn't you Mr. Marshall?  I tend to think that it is actually worse than last year.  The teams they played that where ranked so high only won two more games than the teams FC played last year, with the same results for FC. Plus FC scored 51 more points last year and gave up 11 Fewer points last year.  JE, I think the kool-aid is gonna get more and more sour the longer is sets.

At the end of the 2015 regular season FC's strength of schedule is 6th over all in 5a and last year it was 51st so I would say that makes some difference. I will say FC didn't have a better season but they did do just as well as last season did with a 4 year head coach. Got to give new head coach time and support to make the changes he needs to make FC be a contender.

• 2 weeks later...

All I am saying is why get rid of a Franklin County guy who has proven his loyalty to the program and school and go with a guy that is going to do the same and has proven that he is willing to jump ship to what he perceives as a better situation?  Where is the improvement?  I will go ahead and venture to say that there will not be vast improvements next year either.  The athletes where there to compete this year and he did not produce numbers even close to what they had with the previous coach offensively or defensively. I am done with this.  The koolaid has gone sour for me, as I am sure it will for you too since it seems you are the only one still drinking it.  Give him as much time as you want, and watch him completely ruin the program.  Better luck next year, unless some shiny new job comes open and your boy jumps ship....AGAIN.

All I am saying is why get rid of a Franklin County guy who has proven his loyalty to the program and school and go with a guy that is going to do the same and has proven that he is willing to jump ship to what he perceives as a better situation? Where is the improvement? I will go ahead and venture to say that there will not be vast improvements next year either. The athletes where there to compete this year and he did not produce numbers even close to what they had with the previous coach offensively or defensively. I am done with this. The koolaid has gone sour for me, as I am sure it will for you too since it seems you are the only one still drinking it. Give him as much time as you want, and watch him completely ruin the program. Better luck next year, unless some shiny new job comes open and your boy jumps ship....AGAIN.

I hope for the kids of Fc that things will get better.

For the kids sake I hope so too, but I don't see it happening with the current leadership.

I don't think coaching or players is the issue. It starts with lack of leadership with the principal, AD, and a couple of school board members. They are more worried about personal gain than what is best for the school and kids. No coach will win on a regular basis with how the school system is being operated.

I don't think coaching or players is the issue. It starts with lack of leadership with the principal, AD, and a couple of school board members. They are more worried about personal gain than what is best for the school and kids. No coach will win on a regular basis with how the school system is being operated.

I said the leadership.  That is all leadership involved.  It is the school leadership that decided to go away from an FC loyalist to what they now have.  Don't get me wrong, Coach Carr should have won more.  But, if you are going to get rid of him, at least make it an upgrade instead of a downgrade.  The leadership of the school made a mistake with the decision that they made in hiring Smith for the simple fact that his leadership is non-existent.  So again I say things will not get better under the current leadership.  All levels!