Great Game at CPA!

sportsnerd

Most teams want out of CPA's district- because of the "unlevel" playing field.  10AA didn't want them and I am sure nobody in 12AA wants them either.  Unless something changes- nobody will want them.  Now with the Las Vegas/Iowa/CPA 8th grade point guard sensation- they have 4 more years to bring in some "new talent" to displace some current CPA basketball player so the machine can continue after Blackwell graduates next year.

True which is why it is not "they 'hate' us because they ain't us" (e.g. jealous of our success), but "they 'hate' us because they can't trust us."  Trust is critical when it comes to competition just likes it is in all walks of life, sports is no exception.  If the trust was there, the respect would be there and there is a very good reason why the respect is not there. 

True which is why it is not "they 'hate' us because they ain't us" (e.g. jealous of our success), but "they 'hate' us because they can't trust us."  Trust is critical when it comes to competition just likes it is in all walks of life, sports is no exception.  If the trust was there, the respect would be there and there is a very good reason why the respect is not there. 

When players are now coming from out of state and others on the way it is very hard to respect this glorified AAU team. CPA should be ashamed of the way they recruit these players. It was bad enough when it was just the middle Tennessee area. No respect is deserved.

When players are now coming from out of state and others on the way it is very hard to respect this glorified AAU team. CPA should be ashamed of the way they recruit these players. It was bad enough when it was just the middle Tennessee area. No respect is deserved.

What other players are on the way?? I was not aware of this. Who are they??? Just curious what kind of talent is coming in and what you can tell me about them.

Aah, good old fashioned Christian principles! CPA is a great, well coached team with tons of talent. No disrespect should be directed at these young men.-------------The disrespect should directed to the place where it belongs.--- The T$$AA--- for continuing to let this travesty occur. The 'playing field' will never be level because some coaches and/or schools, intent on winning at any cost will always continue to find ways to bend and break the rules to their advantage. It's time the T$$AA stepped up and put this school where they belong, in a classification where they can recruit openly by the rules.

Edited by rabbitranch

What other players are on the way?? I was not aware of this. Who are they??? Just curious what kind of talent is coming in and what you can tell me about them.

Watch YouTube I am pretty sure that is a recruiting tool used by the good ole scout team! The AAU circuit has blessed them with talent also. But all glory goes to the lord and not the trophy case LOL!!!

I watched cpa play on tv last night for the first time against hoover, Alabama. to me, they didn't look that good outside of Blackwell. blackman, on the other hand was a solid team.

CPA is not as talented as they have been the last 3 years, but they still have enough to win it all. Last year with the talent level was a surprise they did not win it all, this year I say 50-50 due to less talent and less experience, can see it going either way.  Blackwell is almost an impossible match-up for most every team with his size and perimeter ball handling skills.  Both he and Campbell can consistently get to the basket for easy points.  They have spot up shooters like Ragsdale and Davis who feed off the penetration ability of Blackwell and Campbell and some "beef" guys like Howell and Johnson who can bang and can also contribute offensively.  

Going to come down if a team can match-up well enough, finding a way to protect the basket without giving help off the shooters, some type of "triangle and 2" principles.  Offensively, the opponent will have to have a good shooting night, since hard to score at the basket or expect a lot of offensive rebounds/2nd chance opportunities, especially with Blackwell down there.    

Watch YouTube I am pretty sure that is a recruiting tool used by the good ole scout team! The AAU circuit has blessed them with talent also. But all glory goes to the lord and not the trophy case LOL!!!

What you say may very well be true but doesn't answer my question. The previous poster mentioned that others were on their way. Since he knew others were on their way way I just want to know who they are.

Aah, good old fashioned Christian principles! CPA is a great, well coached team with tons of talent. No disrespect should be directed at these young men.-------------The disrespect should directed to the place where it belongs.--- The T$$AA--- for continuing to let this travesty occur. The 'playing field' will never be level because some coaches and/or schools, intent on winning at any cost will always continue to find ways to bend and break the rules to their advantage. It's time the T$$AA stepped up and put this school where they belong, in a classification where they can recruit openly by the rules.

Absolutely, no disprespect should go to the kids.  They are doing what they want to do, play basketball.  Their parents move them to play for Maddux for the exposure, and dream of college scholarships, and beyond...maybe they are unaware of the rule breaking, but maybe not. We will never really know.

However, I hold the CPA administration far more responsible than the TSSAA.  They have put their head basketball coach in the position of the director of enrollment.  There have been several instances of players coming into the school in May, into classes with waiting lists.  His antics,  bringing in player after player under questionable circumstances, every year he has been at CPA has resulted in the team players and parents having to travel ridiculous distances to play in every sport.  The school's reputation of sportsmanship has been tarnished, and now other teams feel the need to show proof that their players started at CPA in kindergarten. 

On  a smaller scale, any MS boy whose hair touches the collar of the shirt is told he must get a haircut, and is given demerits, except for a certain star BB player.  There is a shoe dress code which is also ignored. Different rules for athletes never work long term...but I digress.

As far as who may be coming in the future, of course there will be someone, if history repeats itself.  Look at MS players who may show promise.  Drew prefers to bring them in then. It's easier to look like it's within the "rules".  Bonds, Lindsey, Campbell, Blackwell, Ragsdale.  Who am I missing?

Most teams want out of CPA's district- because of the "unlevel" playing field.  10AA didn't want them and I am sure nobody in 12AA wants them either.  Unless something changes- nobody will want them.  Now with the Las Vegas/Iowa/CPA 8th grade point guard sensation- they have 4 more years to bring in some "new talent" to displace some current CPA basketball player so the machine can continue after Blackwell graduates next year.

Retweeted EliteHoopsTN (@EHBTennessee):

BREAKING: EHB PRESIDENT'S DAY "OPEN TRYOUT" on FEBRUARY 16 will be held at CPA *LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE* http://t.co/SOF1VQRuPe

Here's another "recruiting tool".  Also, word on the street is that some kid from BA is coming over to play next year...

• 3 months later...