Hampton finally looking like Hampton

Sportscraz123

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are down to the last couple of games before we go into the tournament and this Hampton team is start to gel how do you guys feel you guy think they can take down the mighty south GREENE

No disrespect to SG,but I don't see them as mighty. Hampton seeme to be clicking on Offense but they need to step it up on the other side of the ball. The potential is there, just gotta have the grit and desire.

Ned made a move or two that has changed the look of this team IMO.

It allowed players like Norris to be more aggressive...I think he had 13 the other night which is exactly what we needed...We saw Valentine and post players having to be ready to play in the paint...And that's where they need to be playing, in the paint, from 15' and in.

As Pujo says, "every player needs to be a threat at every position"...And that's hard to do when you have every player wanting to play a guard position.

Pujo, you are correct about the D....Our biggest problem is half court D...I saw WAY too much standing then darting toward the shooter...We need to get our hand off the shooter's belly or chest and be there in time to put that hand in his face!

Some of the early bench play may let the other team close the scoring gap, but it's very good experience for them...I like what I see in Wyatt Lyons, he is a beast IMO...McClain is playing point very well when he comes in...Wiltshire seems to be getting more aggressive and LJ is getting those basketball legs.

As for SG, they are a hustle team and aggressive but they only beat NG by 10...They seem to have our number early, but I do believe we'll see a different DOGS team at our next meeting.

Ned made a move or two that has changed the look of this team IMO.

It allowed players like Norris to be more aggressive...I think he had 13 the other night which is exactly what we needed...We saw Valentine and post players having to be ready to play in the paint...And that's where they need to be playing, in the paint, from 15' and in.

As Pujo says, "every player needs to be a threat at every position"...And that's hard to do when you have every player wanting to play a guard position.

Pujo, you are correct about the D....Our biggest problem is half court D...I saw WAY too much standing then darting toward the shooter...We need to get our hand off the shooter's belly or chest and be there in time to put that hand in his face!

Some of the early bench play may let the other team close the scoring gap, but it's very good experience for them...I like what I see in Wyatt Lyons, he is a beast IMO...McClain is playing point very well when he comes in...Wiltshire seems to be getting more aggressive and LJ is getting those basketball legs.

As for SG, they are a hustle team and aggressive but they only beat NG by 10...They seem to have our number early, but I do believe we'll see a different DOGS team at our next meeting.

I for one love the changes we've made. Its all about everyone accepting their roles. We need Norris being more involved and he was just that the other night. 

Could be adjustments but probably just they have played some very weak opponents that if you look can only beat each other, very weak conference for example south Greene will probably go undefeated. In conference and can't win a non conference game just look at their record the teams in this conference have like a 30 percent winning percentage and it's because they play each other not trying to be critical but this conference is the worst it's ever been.

Could be adjustments but probably just they have played some very weak opponents that if you look can only beat each other, very weak conference for example south Greene will probably go undefeated. In conference and can't win a non conference game just look at their record the teams in this conference have like a 30 percent winning percentage and it's because they play each other not trying to be critical but this conference is the worst it's ever been.

Yea, conf is pretty weak this season...Hampton has played up and down to their competition too many times but seems to have climbed out of that rutt.

We hear every year, though, just how weak we are up here and how IF we make it to the 'boro, we'll be dismantled...Didn't happen in 2011 nor last year....Summertown was going to show us what basketball was in 2011 and LEAD would beat us by 30+ last year (didn't happen)...We play a hard scedule in spring, summer and early fall...so the "weak conf is why Hampton has a good record" argument doesn't always hold water IMO.

Adjustments are the reason Hampton has made the turn...If these adjustments had been in place, and attitudes as they are now, the SG and Elizabethton games would not have ended up in the L column.

All that matters now is from here on....And we seem to be peaking at the right time

Wasn't trying to be critical and in the past I feel that conference was the toughest in East Tennessee with some very good uh and Unaka teams and boy those Cloudland Hampton games were awesome. Those teams all won 20 or more games and conference games were the toughest .But anyone that said summer town and lead were favorites to beat Hampton were out of their mind those teams had lost 14 games going in to the tournament and everyone that knows basketball knew Hampton should win. That was excellent draws and that's what you want. This conference has been good in the past and Hampton could be very good this year but I feel they are the only team in conference talent wise that could have competed In The conference 3 or 4 years ago.

Wasn't trying to be critical and in the past I feel that conference was the toughest in East Tennessee with some very good uh and Unaka teams and boy those Cloudland Hampton games were awesome. Those teams all won 20 or more games and conference games were the toughest .But anyone that said summer town and lead were favorites to beat Hampton were out of their mind those teams had lost 14 games going in to the tournament and everyone that knows basketball knew Hampton should win. That was excellent draws and that's what you want. This conference has been good in the past and Hampton could be very good this year but I feel they are the only team in conference talent wise that could have competed In The conference 3 or 4 years ago.

Its deffinately down this year and Hampton has played down with um from time to time.Hampton has played some weak teams lately but they've beat them the way a good team should. If ego's don't get in the way and they learn to play on both sides of the ball, this team has the potential to reach the state. That,s a fair and realistic goal in my opinion

No Sir, didn't think you were being critical...It's a very evident fact that this conf is WAY down compared to years past.

And I agree with this post.

My point was, year in and year out, the west always designates us as a weak conf that has no right in the tournament...It's all about match ups! 

Hampton could be and should be very good...The talent and heart is here to compete with anyone...Just gotta keep the head screwed on right

Do you think the recent change in ned is that he's had two of his top 10 quite recently

I dont necessarily see a change in Ned...Ned made a change amongst his starting 5 that seems to have this unit clicking.

I hate the two quit, but that bench has the talent to step up and it has showed the last two games.

If anything, Ned is more hard-core than before they quit.

'craz, the biggest change may have come from some of the players having a change of thought...I believe some thot just because they were Hampton that teams were just going to step aside for them...Uhhhh aint happening!

Edited by uknoit2