Bearden 2015

NewB

I found this site and though I would join. We are new to the area and are getting settled. I move quite a bit with my job. We like the area so far. One of the assistant coaches was showing me and my boy around (after he was enrolled) and the facilities are nicer than I expected. They were telling me about the new alignment for 6A that is different than last year. At the end of our little tour, one of the assistant coaches said at first he though I might be the dad or uncle of "that Maryville quarterback". The tour coach said that was someone else. I didn't know if this was some sort of inside joke or not. I know the head coach came from down there. My boy likes his classes and is looking forward to competing for a starting position at QB. We'll see how Tennessee compares to where we came from.

I speculate that your last name may be the same of some former Maryville quarterback based on this.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I didnt even mention it.That wasnt the reason for my posting. I dont want to start anything. I learned a long time ago not to poke a bear. I didnt put it in bold either. My boy asked about it and some of the kids said the rumor was some uncle was shopping his nephew around. They didn't know what school or if was even true. I'll concentrate on baseball till spring practice.

Eye don't know abowt no MHS QB att Bear-Den now othur thain a formur MHS QB corchin' ovur thair.... :popcorneater:

I found this site and though I would join. We are new to the area and are getting settled. I move quite a bit with my job. We like the area so far. One of the assistant coaches was showing me and my boy around (after he was enrolled) and the facilities are nicer than I expected. They were telling me about the new alignment for 6A that is different than last year. At the end of our little tour, one of the assistant coaches said at first he though I might be the dad or uncle of "that Maryville quarterback". The tour coach said that was someone else. I didn't know if this was some sort of inside joke or not. I know the head coach came from down there. My boy likes his classes and is looking forward to competing for a starting position at QB. We'll see how Tennessee compares to where we came from.

Sounds to me like a dad or uncle of one of our boys has done some shopping around.

Guest nothingelsematters

Where will Beardens wins come from? The district schedule will be more difficult. Bearden will be seen as the worst team in the district. Where is the run game? No real RB. QB is very inconsistent and turns the ball over too much. There best player is gone and it seems he was mismanaged on offense last year and that is on the HC/OC/RB coaches. Maybe your boy can help them out, but then again he might be mixed up in a political situation at Bearden that ran off a good HC and some of his assistants and replaced them with inexperienced HC/OC that won a political appointment from the principle based on where the came from (the so called Maryville pedigree), and not the overall experience and success on their resumes. Good luck to your son.

Where will Beardens wins come from? The district schedule will be more difficult. Bearden will be seen as the worst team in the district. Where is the run game? No real RB. QB is very inconsistent and turns the ball over too much. There best player is gone and it seems he was mismanaged on offense last year and that is on the HC/OC/RB coaches. Maybe your boy can help them out, but then again he might be mixed up in a political situation at Bearden that ran off a good HC and some of his assistants and replaced them with inexperienced HC/OC that won a political appointment from the principle based on where the came from (the so called Maryville pedigree), and not the overall experience and success on their resumes. Good luck to your son.

I sense a bit of hostility! I followed a few local schools closely this season but Bearden was not one of them.. Probably because of all the losses. I know I haven't seen that any of there players have signed anywhere this offseason and that's usually not a good sign for a program.. The head coach is Shinlever right? but who is the OC? 

No brag, just facts. Anyone that did follow Bearden this year knows what I am talking about.

As much as I hate to say it you can probably count the WB game as a win for bearden. I'm not going to pick WB to beat bearden until they prove they can get it done. The past 2 years were WB's chance to beat them and they could not get it done so i'm going to have to pick bearden to win that game in 2015. Edited by Governors91

Guest nothingelsematters

Well there is one win. Anyone else want to go ahead and give Bearden a win. GV91, you would not be saying this if Bearden had not lined up their best player in the power I and gone to the running game to overcome a 14 point deficit to score 34 unanswered points and win 34-14. makes you wonder why they did not do that more last year.