Batting Order Idea. Strategy

davidlimbaugh

The weight class order is drawn prior to the first match of the tournament. After each round the starting weight class moves up by one.

The winner of the coin flip can pick the odd matches or even matches. This means whoever chooses odd must present their wrestler first in the odd matches (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.)

Hope this clears up some confusion.

Edited by Newestguy

I believe Mr. Limbaugh is suggesting a new rule wrinkle into the dual meet format, which I think is pretty cool. I also understand that an AD or wrestling coach can propose this idea to the wrestling team state coaches at their annual meeting in two weeks for inclusion as a trial or something next season. I say go for it, great idea!

Yes, I am suggesting a different way. Right now a class is drawn at random to start and then you just go in order starting at that class. So if one team is way ahead they may just forfeit out. Or you may have a great wrestler two away and down and someone loses before he gets his turn. By choosing who wrestles when, by round, a coach has to plan and decide go for points early or late. I think it makes it funner for wrestlers and fans.

• Upvote 1

I believe Mr. Limbaugh is suggesting a new rule wrinkle into the dual meet format, which I think is pretty cool. I also understand that an AD or wrestling coach can propose this idea to the wrestling team state coaches at their annual meeting in two weeks for inclusion as a trial or something next season. I say go for it, great idea!

Thanks. Non wrestling guy who loves sport. Fun to watch. Just trying to make it even more fun.

Adopt the NCAA rule and start all matches at the lowest weight if both head coaches agree. If the coaches don't agree you then draw at the beginning of each match. To prevent forfeits a team must wrestle at each weight classification that they had a participant weigh in that morning unless the medical staff determines the student/athlete should not compete. One rule that should be changed in Tennessee is to allow a team to weigh-in as many participants as they wish. Why limit a team to 18 wrestlers as that only prevents teams from including all of their wrestlers. If a team has 75 wrestlers on the roster and wants 75 wrestlers on the bench that is a good thing as it increases participation. Everyone wants to increase participation numbers but they allow the TSSAA (18 on the roster for the state duals) to determine the maximum number of participants of each team in the state duals. If the T$$AA is too CHEAP and does not wish to award 75 medals to a team then allow that school the option of purchasing additional medals.

The state of Washington even goes so far as to allow a team to enter two (2) participants in each weight classification for the individual state tournament. They have had two wrestlers from the same school wrestle for a state championship. There are way's for Tennessee to increase participation numbers without adding divisions so that every "Little Johnny" receives a trophy.

Edited by cbg