Chattanooga area HS baseball-2015

GOOSESDAD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooltewah is young but talented and will get better all year and could be a force come tournament time. They will be well coached which is a plus, best team in their district may be Bradley Central, but as always their district will be ultra competative!

Notre Dame has youth as well and is improving, but could end up in the middle to bottom of their district. Chattanooga Christian looks to be the team to beat, but this district like the previous one is usually very competative!

Everyone says South Pittsburg in 6A. I'm not sure of the state at Whitwell or Marion, but hear that winning spirit is back at both schools, coming off good Football seasons. All 3 Valley teams could come out strong. Grace I heard will be better than in years past. Notre Dame, is like any other private, should be strong.

FelixGrundy.. So true with that statement. That is a place where Baseball runs deep, with great former coaches like Ladd and Roberts, now this coach has took it to the next step. While I believe that Marion, South Pittsburg, Whitwell, Sequatchie : All with new coaching staffs, still could be strong from what I am hearing. Of course, SP only lost a min number of players, one or two. I hear that the Barton's are back home at Marion, Whitwell went with Alumni for their coaching staff, and SCHS hired a young coach. This could shape up to be a hot spot for Baseball in Tennessee.

FelixGrundy.. So true with that statement. That is a place where Baseball runs deep, with great former coaches like Ladd and Roberts, now this coach has took it to the next step. While I believe that Marion, South Pittsburg, Whitwell, Sequatchie : All with new coaching staffs, still could be strong from what I am hearing. Of course, SP only lost a min number of players, one or two. I hear that the Barton's are back home at Marion, Whitwell went with Alumni for their coaching staff, and SCHS hired a young coach. This could shape up to be a hot spot for Baseball in Tennessee.

Hot spot for baseball LOL.  Get on the interstate in SP and drive west an hour and you will see what a hot spot looks like. 

Smokinote, I was saying that this area is getting hot again. These are smaller communities, where Baseball use to run deep, and once again they are building. I'm not saying any of these teams will make runs at the state, but three are in the same District, and could surprise lots of folks. I have the uttermost respect for High Schools, that work hard to build, then rebuild. That is always difficult in small rural areas