2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

Heres my take on the last scrimmage of the year against McGavock. This O li ne is very weak and provides little to no protection for the QB. Outside runs and roll out will probably be the most we see but it wont take long for the opostion to see the weakness up the middle. Running backs look good if they can make it through the D line and thank goodness the new QB can throw on the run or he'll get killed. Recievers need work and seem to have a problem adjusting to the harder passing. The D line looked really good at times but seemed to loose strength as the game went on. The only score they gave up was and early long run by the McGavock QB. We really need a deep threat. The new QB can throw a mile with accuracy but the revievers are to slow to make the deep run. You can really tell the conditioning program is fallen off a lot. The lack of size is glaring. The kicking game is in trouble. The freshman can kick pat's but anything outside the 20 is doutful. Kicking off is even worse with not one kick going past the 30. Call the soccer coach because they need help. i hate to say but this is setting up to be a long dissapointing season.

Riverdale Dad, for those of us that have supported this program for years with our time and our money i believe what your not seeing is the frustration of a once strong proud program who has become an excuse making also ran program. People can blame facilities and equipment but the teams that were dominate here at Riverdale didnt have them but what they did have was program. A program that built players from the middle school level on up through the same system. A system that taught a skeem, a training program and a legacy that reloaded every year. Thats now gone. You got middle schools doing their own things with no player deveolpment, no weight training and no desire to help the high school level. All you have to do is look around the state to see the sucessfull programs build from within with many players not even getting to play until they are seniors. Just look at this team and compare that to those. There in lies the problem. We all love the kids and feel they deserve the best, Thats why we continue to support and give our money long after our sons of the championship teams have gone. We just want to see that pride brought back to Riverdale. The boys you speak of deserve that and we as the Riverdale supporting community deserve that also. A program has to start at the top. History tells us this. It would do this staff well to look east at the programs that are there year after year and model a program after them. We know because one of those program builders used to be here...Go Warriors!

Edited by warrior82dad

Riverdale Dad, for those of us that have supported this program for years with our time and our money i believe what your not seeing is the frustration of a once strong proud program who has become an excuse making also ran program. People can blame facilities and equipment but the teams that were dominate here at Riverdale didnt have them but what they did have was program. A program that built players from the middle school level on up through the same system. A system that taught a skeem, a training program and a legacy that reloaded every year. Thats now gone. You got middle schools doing their own things with no player deveolpment, no weight training and no desire to help the high school level. All you have to do is look around the state to see the sucessfull programs build from within with many players not even getting to play until they are seniors. Just look at this team and compare that to those. There in lies the problem. We all love the kids and feel they deserve the best, Thats why we continue to support and give our money long after our sons of the championship teams have gone. We just want to see that pride brought back to Riverdale. The boys you speak of deserve that and we as the Riverdale supporting community deserve that also. A program has to start at the top. History tells us this. It would do this staff well to look east at the programs that are there year after year and model a program after them. We know because one of those program builders used to be here...Go Warriors!

A couple things you have to realize is that the high schools I. Murfreesboro don't have one middle school feeder program. It's going to be virtually impossible for a high school coach to go to separate middle schools and convince them all to to build their programs to cater to his. They are competing against each other and are gameplay nine and scheming based on their own personnel. Most of the middle schools don't have the weight training facilities and don't have the kids in the program long enough to really train them

A couple things you have to realize is that the high schools I. Murfreesboro don't have one middle school feeder program. It's going to be virtually impossible for a high school coach to go to separate middle schools and convince them all to to build their programs to cater to his. They are competing against each other and are gameplay nine and scheming based on their own personnel. Most of the middle schools don't have the weight training facilities and don't have the kids in the program long enough to really train them

What exactly do you call Christiana Middle?  Yet ANOTHER EXCUSE!  This goes back to Coaching in that the High School can't be bothered to talk to them.

Riverdale Dad, I wasn't blaming the kids.  What I was pointing out is yet another example of the COACHING failing the kids.  Also have a question for you.  Just how many complete lines does the current team have?  The 2005 team had 6 complete O-lines and 4 separate D-lines.  Add to this a weight program that had the kids REALLY lifting ALL YEAR.  Even during Christmas break at a outside gym that the COACHING STAFF saw to being available for this purpose.  This provided kids that were stronger man for man that ANY team they came up against.  Kids didn't have to play both ways so they weren't sucking wind hard in the late FIRST Quarter.  What I have seen is kids who are NOT ready to play Varsity.  This is a COACHING FAULT.

Oh, Riverdale Dad as to not knowing anything about football, does being offered a full ride by Bear Bryant and eventually playing PROFESSIONAL football count?

I am sorry folks but if I hurt the feelings of the current coaching staff,..........GOOD!  Maybe it will get them out of the offices and doing their JOB!

This is going to be another year of a head Coach who cannot handle more than 60 players, TOPS, and being satisfied with duplicating 'Metro Ball'!

NOW we shall hear from the defenders of poor Coach A and mediocre Metro Ball. 

Hey olddad, have you seen any metro games or been around the players or staffs. My guess is no. You have no clue about metro football but you are starting to see a little hint or two. More schools equals more evenly dispersed talent making it much harder to have consistent success at silver or gold balls. Remind me again when was the last time a Rutherford county team played for one of those. You are stuck in the past and are delusional.

Hey olddad, have you seen any metro games or been around the players or staffs. My guess is no. You have no clue about metro football but you are starting to see a little hint or two. More schools equals more evenly dispersed talent making it much harder to have consistent success at silver or gold balls. Remind me again when was the last time a Rutherford county team played for one of those. You are stuck in the past and are delusional.

Yes I have.  I am originally from Antioch and grew up with a couple of coaches there.  As to SPREAD out, how do you justify some good teams from there.  As much as I hate to, Hillsboro was a pretty good SMALL team.  Good thing they did NOT have to play a Quarles team, or they would never had won a Championship with Coach A.  I got your dispersion also.  Same excuse for a failing coach year after year!  Man was NOT ready for a premier 5A (at the time) team of over 100 players just for Varsity.  Freshman teams averaged 40 by themselves.

As to outlook, second round tops and that is only if they can keep a full stable of QB's healthy!

Yes I have. I am originally from Antioch and grew up with a couple of coaches there. As to SPREAD out, how do you justify some good teams from there. As much as I hate to, Hillsboro was a pretty good SMALL team. Good thing they did NOT have to play a Quarles team, or they would never had won a Championship with Coach A. I got your dispersion also. Same excuse for a failing coach year after year! Man was NOT ready for a premier 5A (at the time) team of over 100 players just for Varsity. Freshman teams averaged 40 by themselves.

As to outlook, second round tops and that is only if they can keep a full stable of QB's healthy!

Funny because Hillsboro beat a Quarles led squad in 2008..

Riverdale is still bigger than a lot of 6A schools. With 1700+ students you should still be able to find some fine athletes in that school. That's a pretty darn big city. Or maybe Rankin left because he saw the writing on the wall? Not sure, but with 1700+ students you should still be able to field a football team that can contend for a gold ball every year. Just my humble opinion of course.