Camden Lions 2015

jlc70

After losing 17 seniors, Deshawn Brown and Dalton Whitfield attempt to lead the Lions past the quarterfinals. Will they pull it off?

Isn't brown the running back you all had last year that was so good?? If it is you guys will have a decent season. However I don't know about making it past the quarters. Your boys need to develop a mean streak up front. They have decent size and athleticism usually but always seem a little soft.

No disrespect intended. I think a lot of your program. Just my opinion. The most physical Camden team I ever saw was 2010. And you made it past the quarters that year. Probably the best team you ever had. That's what you guys need.

Isn't brown the running back you all had last year that was so good?? If it is you guys will have a decent season. However I don't know about making it past the quarters. Your boys need to develop a mean streak up front. They have decent size and athleticism usually but always seem a little soft.

No disrespect intended. I think a lot of your program. Just my opinion. The most physical Camden team I ever saw was 2010. And you made it past the quarters that year. Probably the best team you ever had. That's what you guys need.

That was a good group. The 2010 team lost to Milan in the quarters though. That was the game where the QB Easley got hurt and Milan won something like 10-6 if memory serves me correctly. The 2009 team was just as good. They too fell in the quarters to Milan but that year it was a lopsided game. The 2004 team was loaded but lost in the quarters to Huntingdon. I think there is also a year in there (2007 perhaps) where Goodpasture beat them in the quarters.

That round of the playoffs has been the hurdle that Camden hasn't quite been able to clear.

That was a good group. The 2010 team lost to Milan in the quarters though. That was the game where the QB Easley got hurt and Milan won something like 10-6 if memory serves me correctly. The 2009 team was just as good. They too fell in the quarters to Milan but that year it was a lopsided game. The 2004 team was loaded but lost in the quarters to Huntingdon. I think there is also a year in there (2007 perhaps) where Goodpasture beat them in the quarters.

That round of the playoffs has been the hurdle that Camden hasn't quite been able to clear.

You are correct.... It was the 3rd rd. My mistake.

After losing 17 seniors, Deshawn Brown and Dalton Whitfield attempt to lead the Lions past the quarterfinals. Will they pull it off?

There are other seniors returning that were starters also...Those 2 are studs but so were both the returning guards Andrwe McGuire and Calib David (aka Booma) Darrien Fountain is a  SR RB that spent most of last season learning the system after moving here  who is blowing up this off season and he has fantastic lateral  quickness and has better than/equal speed as Brown.. and the Junior class is absolutely stacked with  ballers all over and last count there were more than 30 of them.. Camdens going to be alright for the next 2 years minimum .. 

Edited by Beagle

Camden's junior high team has been getting worse and worse. As a Camden fan, this continues to worry me. The parents offer good support, the coaching is great, it's just the low number of athletes.......................... I'm afraid this will catch up with the high school ballers sooner than later. 

Camden's junior high team has been getting worse and worse. As a Camden fan, this continues to worry me. The parents offer good support, the coaching is great, it's just the low number of athletes.......................... I'm afraid this will catch up with the high school ballers sooner than later.

When I was in 8th grade at Milan we went 1-6. Got destroyed by pretty much everyone. When I was a senior we went 13-2 and were state champs. Keep the faith brother.

Nobody wants to play for the coach...and there is a reason he got demoted/fired from the High School staff.He doesn't want to put in the time..whats telling is when more freshman show up to play at the high School  than 8th graders that played...it happens every year.I saw that fool run the I formation an entire first half of a game It was Hayden fry right  Kentrel Hudson left all half..up 20-0 at the half. In the second half he comes out running hurry up 5 wide empty back field and lost the game in OT with 5 ints ...never even attempted to run the ball in the second half... Thats not what i would call great ..I hear he knows baseball.lol.  His assistant is very capable and would put in the time if given the opportunity he is the Head baseball coach..  The Junior class at the HS shouldn't have lost a game all year when they were 8th graders and lost three...the same 8th grade class that you say has no atheletes this season went something like 34-4 in basketball.because they had good coaches  trust me when i say the HC at the Junior High is the problem..

Edited by Beagle

• 1 month later...

Big Purp knows his ball.