BatmanDB's Thoughts on DB

BatmanDB

My days as a football dad are numbered ,so I can be a little more straight shooting as time goes along when it comes to '' what I think '' and " what I say ".I have great respect for so many of the coaches that worked with my first Indian a few years ago.Coach Watson was at the top of that list along with a few of those guys that are still on the staff.My son had to earn his place on the field,but it about killed me to watch as he had to play way out of his position to try and help his team . He is still trying to help and I'll say right now that he is  alot better man then I could be.We have a great bunch coming up right now and with or without one of my kids,these guys can be great '' IF " they work hard.Roll Tribe

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My days as a football dad are numbered ,so I can be a little more straight shooting as time goes along when it comes to '' what I think '' and " what I say ".I have great respect for so many of the coaches that worked with my first Indian a few years ago.Coach Watson was at the top of that list along with a few of those guys that are still on the staff.My son had to earn his place on the field,but it about killed me to watch as he had to play way out of his position to try and help his team . He is still trying to help and I'll say right now that he is  alot better man then I could be.We have a great bunch coming up right now and with or without one of my kids,these guys can be great '' IF " they work hard.Roll Tribe

I've read several of your post in the past several months that always have that line like the last sentence above. It seems like your putting out a warning that this group we're all excited about might be a little on the lazy side and may not be as dedicated as we were hoping for?

I've read several of your post in the past several months that always have that line like the last sentence above. It seems like your putting out a warning that this group we're all excited about might be a little on the lazy side and may not be as dedicated as we were hoping for?

Straight to the point.1, yes a few of the kids are lazy but many of those that work hard, know very little about lifting weights.2,this is not a strong team and disrespecting somebody that knows what the hail they are doing in the weight room isn't going to help .That goes for any player, or any coach that is set in their ways.

Edited by BatmanDB

People who are set in their ways seems to be a recurring theme at D-B. I hate seeing good ol' boy politics at any level affect the kids who are putting in the work year in and year out.

"We've always done it this way" is a bad mentality for sure.

Politics is a part of most programs.You bring in people that you trust and think they will do a great job.DB has some very good coaches and yes  several came up through the system but still other fine coaches came from Volunteer, South and other high schools in their backgrounds.I could care less how they get on the staff or who's connection made it possible if they can coach and don't do stupid or disrespectful stuff.

Edited by BatmanDB

Win every game.

Well obviously that's what everyone wants.... But not everyone can win em all... So what are the expectations for DB in 2015 based off their players,coaches,and the competition they will be up against? What can everyone realistically expect to see from them? Edited by Governors91

Well obviously that's what everyone wants.... But not everyone can win em all... So what are the expectations for DB in 2015 based off their players,coaches,and the competition they will be up against? What can everyone realistically expect to see from them?

We all go into each season with high hopes, but trying to sit back and say we can win this or that game or might have some trouble with some teams is a little harder.With the new system,it doesn't matter how you do in the regular season,because you still have to get it done against some great teams in the playoffs and we all go to the playoffs.DB is probably a year away from being a really good team,but there are probably 10 or 12 6A teams around the state that can say the same.It wouldn't shock me if DB was 9-1 or 6-4 with the schedule. It would shock me if they were 10-0 or a  2-10 type of team.Really good players and coaches but some really good teams on the schedule.If this makes sense

Politics is a part of most programs.You bring in people that you trust and think they will do a great job.DB has some very good coaches and yes several came up through the system but still other fine coaches came from Volunteer, South and other high schools in their backgrounds.I could care less how they get on the staff or who's connection made it possible if they can coach and don't do stupid or disrespectful stuff.

Sounds as though last year's D-coordinator did what you said at the end. Judging by the posts, I saw many people happy he's gone. I hope your all's defense is better this year.

He has plenty of fire but you can't use it all in todays high school world.

He had plenty of fire that's for sure. But he couldn't control it when it needed to be controlled. To me that wasn't the problem though. I just didn't think he was much of a coach even by upper east tn. standards. I can't remember a DB team giving up that many yards and points per game as DB did last year. (not adding in the weaklings) The sad thing is he would still be here if it weren't for his temper.