BatmanDB's Thoughts on DB

BatmanDB

A lot of fact in what your wrote.The stronger schedule could help both teams come playoff time,but you won't see a lot of 10-0 seasons unless DB or SH is really loaded .I say my time as a football dad is not long but I could be surprised.Lot of variables will go into that and the future.There is nothing like watching your kids and their friends out there.

It is totally different when one's last son no longer plays on Fri nights. When one see the stadium lights lit up on a Fri night...it is a totally different feeling

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman - First of all, I read your comment about not being a football dad much longer.   That really hit hard, I have a few more years of being a FBD but at some point it is going to end.... yikes.     I don't know that mothers can possibly make the same football connection to sons that dads can, but if I'm wrong I'm sure all the FBM's on the board will blast me.

Ok, moving on to how is DB going to be in 2015..  It's really hard to predict future wins/losses because there are so many variables, but I did notice the lack of Volunteers, Centrals, etc. on the schedule.    Unlike those past years where half the games are against local cupcakes, DB has a real potential to lose in every game.    No, I'm not predicting 0-10, its just that there is huge difference with the schedule.   In other words, DB can beat the locals just on pure athleticism and numbers without having to try very hard.     In this new conference you absolutely cannot afford to just show up and expect to win.    Reference in round 1 last year how a 5-5 BC team pushed Science Hill to the limit, and a mediocre MoEast team gave DB everything they wanted.  DB expects to win big locally and the locals expect to lose big, that's just the way it is.   Speaking of the Hill, this goes for them as well, no more week in and week out 65-3 games against locals.       So I would say DB's and SH's challenge is that they are going to have to be prepared EVERY week way more than they have in the past few years, go in with a *yawn* ho-hum attitude and you get your lunch handed to you.

Wishing all the guys a good injury-free 2015

Refer back to when DB and Science Hill played in the Big East conference. Now add in Maryville. DB I think won the Big East every year except one. So I'm thinking DB would be a good bet to finish behind Maryville most years in this new line up. That is if the new defense coach pans out. Science Hill should be in at around 3rd-5th most years.

Just read where they are finally going to put malik foreman at running back this spring !! Butch said he is one of fastest on team was great in high school, so why not ?! My uncle said the team as a whole said malik should be running the ball because of what he does in practice playing around before real practice!! He has put on alot of muscle and being a junior now , I think he will excel at rb!!

where did you read that?

Knox news...just google " ut football news" and there is an article from monday ,i think , that states "5 players that will switch postions in 2015 for ut" ..I had heard this last year that the team players think that he should be running the ball because of what he does with ball in his hands in practice!!

where did you read that?

Edited by kingindian33

Here is the article Waco : 247sports.com

Tennessee rising junior cornerback Malik Foreman (Photo: Wes Rucker, 247Sports)

———————————————

Malik Foreman: Tennessee coach Butch Jones’ National Signing Day mention of Foreman as a potential running back option was surprising at first. In hindsight, though, it makes sense on a couple of levels. Foreman, a rising junior from Upper East Tennessee, is one of the many players potentially in the mix for reps at the crucial nickel position vacated by departing senior Justin Coleman. But Foreman also is one of the Vols’ fastest players, and he’s not been able to use that speed to get on the field that much to this point in his career. It’s not crazy to suggest his talents could be better suited on the offensive side of the ball, as a slot wide receiver or change-of-pace running back. Sometimes football is a simple game. If Foreman is really fast and not getting on the field on defense, why not give him the ball a couple of times per game on offense and see if he can make a big play or two?

.....I think this is smart with the speed and he has put on some massive muscle ...pic of his arms on this sight 247.sports

Edited by kingindian33