BatmanDB's Thoughts on DB

BatmanDB

Just frustration .If we took what SH is doing and put both our teams together, we would have the start of what they have in Maryville. Still need a better feeder system.We have some athletes and we have good coaches, but just like a 70 Chevelle with a 396 "my first car", if you don't adjust to the times, you end up in a 74 pinto that tops out around 60 "my 2ed car" after two speeding tickets.

Just my humble opinion but also seems like a no brainer. I think Clark is a good coach and leader for the team. I think there are two many big egos outside the system that interfere with the football program. Some have kids that play or have played and some don't. There's a lot of the "hey everybody look at me" syndrome in Kingsport that has resulted in this "all show and no go" brand that has become Kingsport and now Dobyns-Bennett. That upper deck at the stadium was built because nobody else had one. Plain and simple. And you can bet the farm that those suites will be going in within the next 3 years to house the big egos. Lets look pretty and awesome. Winning football games takes a back seat to how we look. All show and no go. The feeder program will never be fixed. To many egos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my humble opinion but also seems like a no brainer. I think Clark is a good coach and leader for the team. I think there are two many big egos outside the system that interfere with the football program. Some have kids that play or have played and some don't. There's a lot of the "hey everybody look at me" syndrome in Kingsport that has resulted in this "all show and no go" brand that has become Kingsport and now Dobyns-Bennett. That upper deck at the stadium was built because nobody else had one. Plain and simple. And you can bet the farm that those suites will be going in within the next 3 years to house the big egos. Lets look pretty and awesome. Winning football games takes a back seat to how we look. All show and no go. The feeder program will never be fixed. To many egos.

good post and reality

all i can say is it pains me deeply to see that "DB" at the end of your batman....but i totally understand...as bad as i wanted my little girl to be a devil, she's gona be a buff.....i refuse to call her a buffalo, for obvious reasons, GAWD knows there's been enough of those on my side of the fam......anyway, back to football. I am hoping for big things this year for your youngest. Maybe this is the year your son and my team both get to cookeville.

all i can say is it pains me deeply to see that "DB" at the end of your batman....but i totally understand...as bad as i wanted my little girl to be a devil, she's gona be a buff.....i refuse to call her a buffalo, for obvious reasons, GAWD knows there's been enough of those on my side of the fam......anyway, back to football. I am hoping for big things this year for your youngest. Maybe this is the year your son and my team both get to cookeville.

Couple of big mountains between the Indians,Devils and Cookeville.Have no Ideal what will happen with the youngest,he has the tools " BUT " I would take wrestling and just be a football fan if it were  up to me.Tried to call the oldest Devil a couple of weeks ago and got no answer,might be a different number.

ill text you the old devils number....mine is new so when you see a "609" number, thats me....GO VOLS, DEVILS, CARDINALS and maybe one day buffs

I started my playing days as a peewee Cardinal and loved them way back years ago .Put on the green on Friday nights and watched some great BIG Orange games all over the place.My favorite might have been when we went to Alabama and Peyton put on a great show "the mustard getting thrown on the bama fans shirt before the game was priceless".The '98 Arkansas game was just a miracle and I loved that the old man behind us waited nearly 50 years to see them with another chance but got so mad he left before the end.I think he cussed every player and coach on the team.I just looked at you and said Arkansas is just beating our azz.Hey,a win is a win. Edited by BatmanDB

i agree, the peyton 95 game was incredible...and we had a pretty good time that weekend too. the arkansas game....lol..i remember a certain someone else who wanted to leave when arkansas got the ball back with what, 2 minutes left.....i had to convince you to stay. ( probably had to do some convincing to myself too) but arent you glad we stayed now? i learned in 1985 when i took my first "date" to a UT game not to leave early....we were trailing Ga tech6-3 and they got the ball back from us with under2 to go, on our side of the field, so i told my date " F this, let's get the heck outta here" ( i actually had something besides football on my mind at that point..lol) long story short, we got the ball back with seconds to go, complete a pass or 2 i think and reveiz nailed a 52 yarder to tie that game.....all of this i listened to on my walkman in the parking lot and when we hit the FG, i jumped up and accidentally kicked a guy twice my size in the azz....hahaha....once i explained what happened he forgave me

It didn't always work out staying until the end.I remember a great Florida team coming to Knoxville and that smart azz Florida fan making fun of our boots we had on for the rain (something like rednecks in tennessee ) and then they beat the shet out of us and he never did shut up.I had to convince you not to go after him before the game ever started . We were pretty mad by the end

Has anyone got the dates for spring pratice yet.I was Talking to a couple of fans the other day and they ask what kind of year I really thought DB would have.No bs , just my honest thoughts on 2015.We went down the schedule and when it was all said and done,their picks together ended with a total of 7 wins and 13 losses.I had said earlier in the year that I would be surprised if DB had a 2-8 or 9-1 kind of year.Well, when I got done,I had picked a surpise kind of year.9-1.I know you go into every game saying we can do it,and it could very well happen.There are some very good teams on the schedule and except for that one game,I had to say,why not.