West Tennessee Baseball Single A

VOLnWTN

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott's Hill and Decatur Riverside should have very good years!

I heard that Riverside's ace lefty quit last week...probably still be in the hunt without him(if he doesn't return). Peabody and McKenzie come to mind as teams who could have strong years, along with Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Union City, and Greenfield. Scotts Hill only lost a 'couple of players to graduation from a team that has been to the fling two years running, but they were solid stat wise, and one was the glue that all good teams have. Whomever escapes from the west should be ready to hang with middle and east teams...not many "creampuff" opponents around the rural west...Memphis isn't on the radar.

McKenzie could have a solid yr

On paper, yes.  We return a solid staff of pitchers and our up the middle is back. Will be replacing the corners but should not be an issue.  Everyone we will put on the field either started last year or most received significant playing time because of the depth we had in multiple positions.  

• 1 month later...

I heard that Riverside's ace lefty quit last week...probably still be in the hunt without him(if he doesn't return). Peabody and McKenzie come to mind as teams who could have strong years, along with Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Union City, and Greenfield. Scotts Hill only lost a 'couple of players to graduation from a team that has been to the fling two years running, but they were solid stat wise, and one was the glue that all good teams have. Whomever escapes from the west should be ready to hang with middle and east teams...not many "creampuff" opponents around the rural west...Memphis isn't on the radar.

All the 15A teams mentioned are off to a solid start, with the exception of Trinity, and they have had a very brutal schedule...probably be seasoned by tournament time, and a dangerous opponent. Jackson Christian looks to be the class of the district by virtue of common opponents/scores, but Scotts Hill has two wins over Riverside, and a 4-0 district record. Riverside is by no means in a bad position even with 3 district losses, their series with JC and SH behind them, they could run the table from here out, and SH/JC still have to play twice. Someone from 15A stays home after regionals, and could possibly be a top 5 team in state.

I haven't kept up with 13A/14A that closely...Peabody, Union City,Greenfield,McKenzie...someone else...who's looking to be there in the end?

Trader, I don't normally lost on baseball board but it appears Scotts Hill is the real deal this year. TCA is going to be average with quite a few young players. Good luck to SH the rest of the way. They may win it all next year and the next!

Guess I'm just the nervous type, but I don't feel that either SH or Riverside played well in our two games,so nothing is settled there yet. The Lions are good, but so are the Panthers and Eagles (and your Lions), and that's just in our little corner of the state...we'll probably know a little more after this week with the four powerhouse teams from middle coming, they're all strong, but Summertown looks like a real contender in 1A. I really think that the #4 team will be TCA (no offense), and that they are very capable of sending anyone home on a given night come tournament time. Thanks for the well wishes, and same to y'all, but lots of baseball yet to be played before I'm comfortable that we're even a district favorite...Jackson Christian will have a lot to say about that.