Teams to beat in Single A

dawg101

Lost 4 to graduation. The rest of the lineup was sophomores and juniors. We under achieved in the district tournament. We were looking past a dangerous Harriman squad that was hungry. Believe we peaked too soon when we played an invitational tournament in Chattanooga. Upset South Pitt and Columbia Academy. We managed a pretty good season WITH OUT RECRUITING A SINGLE PLAYER.

our 5 district losses that you seem so concerned about, all came from respectable clubs that made playoff runs. 2 to Meigs, 2 to Midway, and we split with Grace

Lost 4 to graduation. The rest of the lineup was sophomores and juniors. We under achieved in the district tournament. We were looking past a dangerous Harriman squad that was hungry. Believe we peaked too soon when we played an invitational tournament in Chattanooga. Upset South Pitt and Columbia Academy. We managed a pretty good season WITH OUT RECRUITING A SINGLE PLAYER.

our 5 district losses that you seem so concerned about, all came from respectable clubs that made playoff runs. 2 to Meigs, 2 to Midway, and we split with Grace

not really concerned, just seemed like logical questions (who was lost to grad? Contributors returning?) after looking at last year's schedule... (Most wins were over a number of bad teams+ Poor district performance, 5 wins,6 losses) Just wondering where the optimism was coming from after seeing last yrs results. Can't speak to ALL CAPS recruiting, never been to Grace campus. No doubt they have big advantages over small publics though.

Oneida has one pretty good pitcher... What else do they have that makes them look like state material? They lost their two best players + a couple others, didn't they? They didn't really come close last year... Will they be better this year?

I wouldn't say best players.  Last year was a team effort and this team will be even better.  When the core remains from last year's team  you have to pick them.  Oakdale should give a good effort in the district, but no one else will.  The region will be interesting.  Didn't really come close last year? Got beat in the sub-state game at North Greene and if I remember correctly a long bus ride, a weather delay, and a cold cold night where they should not have played until the next day.  

Just remember what wins the World Series, it's usually Pitching and Defense, haven't seen many 11 to 12 games on that level and you will not in the region and sate tourneys either.  Oneida should have both of those element this year.  I'd pick them to make sub-state again, and in a one game winner take all anything can happen.  That's why you play the game.

Edited by thelawking

I wouldn't say best players.  Last year was a team effort and this team will be even better.  When the core remains from last year's team  you have to pick them.  Oakdale should give a good effort in the district, but no one else will.  The region will be interesting.  Didn't really come close last year? Got beat in the sub-state game at North Greene and if I remember correctly a long bus ride, a weather delay, and a cold cold night where they should not have played until the next day.  

Just remember what wins the World Series, it's usually Pitching and Defense, haven't seen many 11 to 12 games on that level and you will not in the region and sate tourneys either.  Oneida should have both of those element this year.  I'd pick them to make sub-state again, and in a one game winner take all anything can happen.  That's why you play the game.

OK, good to hear. I thought west and the other kid were top guys. Glad you've got some replacements cause they were pretty solid. By close, just meant the scores vs grace and Greene looked like total wipeouts 8 or so to zero in both. Sometimes with baseball that can be deceiving, I know. Games can get away from you late.

Goodpasture should come out of region 4 fairly easy.  Watertown, Clarkrange, and Jackson County should be the favorites to finish 2nd in region 4.  Apparently Clay has a stud pitcher who can sling it who is just a sophomore and the way the region tournament and sub-state is set up, once you get outside your district a single pitcher, if he's good enough, can carry your team a long way, especially in A.

LOL. I love it that we chap your behind so much that you want to scream through a post with allegations of wrong doing. "Grace is the place for the helpful hardware man"....oh wait, that's Ace.

Grace looks strong this year. With the same kids we had last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Old news dude.

Good luck to everyone this year, if it ever gets cranked up.

LOL. I love it that we chap your behind so much that you want to scream through a post with allegations of wrong doing. "Grace is the place for the helpful hardware man"....oh wait, that's Ace.

Grace looks strong this year. With the same kids we had last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Old news dude.

I really wouldn't call it chapped Pride. If you would do some research you'd realize we have beaten Grace 4 of the last 6 meetings over the past 2 seasons. Do I need to remind you that Grace is the ONLY school in our district to be barred from post-season play (2 sports). That doesn't happen from running an honest program. Yes Grace recruits. Everyone knows. Not fooling anyone by denying it. They picked up 2 football players from Rockwood that gad ] layer here their entire lives. Shhhhhhhh.

Don't tell everyone. Christian Academy attached to your program is a joke. Your fans are the worst in the league. Just can't handle losing real well. Not my idea of "carrying the message.". Happens when you draw kids from all over to bolster the athletic program instead of what the school was built for. Best team that money can buy. Best of luck