Teams to beat in Single A

dawg101

There's a Public / Private board if you want to continue your banter about recruiting, etc. I've been around a long time, son, and I lived through the dark years of probation. We came out better.

As far as the baseball goes, we played in the State Championship game last year. We're solid again, should make a run. By the way, you're chapped or you wouldn't be so upset about Grace. We're in your head kid, that's half the battle.

WELL ITS ALWAYS FUN TO GET ON AND SEE A GRACE FAN FIGHT WITH A ROCKWOOD KID BUT IM READY FOR SOME BASEBALL GUYS.

HAS ANY1 GOT TO GET ANY WORK IN THESE PAST THREE WEEKS WITH THE SNOW AND ALL ANY TOURNYS ARE ANTHING. OR IS EVERY1 LIKE ME AND THINKING WE ARE GOING TO SEE A LOT OF SLOPPY GAMES THE FIRST FEW WEEKS.

WELL ITS ALWAYS FUN TO GET ON AND SEE A GRACE FAN FIGHT WITH A ROCKWOOD KID BUT IM READY FOR SOME BASEBALL GUYS.

HAS ANY1 GOT TO GET ANY WORK IN THESE PAST THREE WEEKS WITH THE SNOW AND ALL ANY TOURNYS ARE ANTHING. OR IS EVERY1 LIKE ME AND THINKING WE ARE GOING TO SEE A LOT OF SLOPPY GAMES THE FIRST FEW WEEKS.

Not much practice time on the field. hitting in the cage, throwing, going over in-game situations...helps, but not like scrimmage, or even on field practice. probably be a few games in before everything clicks.

hope you click soon

hope you click soon

Probably no worse (sloppy) at this stage than anyone else. unless someone has a massive dome over their field that I'm not aware of. Just can't seem to get 'ol ma nature to cooperate with the warm, dry weather. Coach Britt has been drumming them with in game situations, short fielding, hitting in the cage, ect...they know it, just can't get game situation rep's in.

• 3 weeks later...

Goodpasture should come out of region 4 fairly easy. Watertown, Clarkrange, and Jackson County should be the favorites to finish 2nd in region 4. Apparently Clay has a stud pitcher who can sling it who is just a sophomore and the way the region tournament and sub-state is set up, once you get outside your district a single pitcher, if he's good enough, can carry your team a long way, especially in A.

Swanson Clay County kid is solid,but Clarkranges sophomore throws harder than him and threw a no hitter against clay and lost. Their coach spends all his time worrying about what field looks like instead of what's going on it seems like.As for the two sophomore they are legit low 80" s. Both are 6'4" plus with tons of velocity gains coming soon.Should be interesting district tourney can't wait see Jackson play.