Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

Here are the facts as we know them. There was an altercation between coach and principle. There was a audit. The school board recommended dismissal and coach resigned. 

As for the "temps" first HC job. It was a start-up school and the DNJ said they made the playoffs 3 out of the 5 years. I hope that he has learned from one of the best high school coaches in the states history. If he has he will be fine.

On both topics only time will tell. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

After reading all this mess it sure don't look like we will be playing you guys in the near future in the playoff's. This reminds me of another school I know of that my close inside sources told me had a lady A.D. that single handedly destroyed  the entire football program down to ashes, After a program has been diagnosed with cancer the recovery period can take a long time. In the case of the school I'm referring to there may be a chance this year with a little more improvement that it may be able to be taken off life support.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Idk what happened, Who is to blame. what I DO know is that Phillip is a GOOD man and a Good Coach. I would have been honored if my son played for him ... I Wish him the best ...

I have a tremendous amount of both admiration and respect for coach. I have no idea about this new principal.

I did hear that she was not a fan of students going to the State Tournament for basketball. If that is the case, she is one sad puppy. Experiences like those are a lot of what high school is all about. Not only would her predecessor want the students there, she would drive the bus if necessary.

My question that I have yet to hear an answer on is who initiated the audit. If it was her, and it looks as if it was. She most certainly was on a witch hunt and has managed to run off one of the best football coaches in the State's history! :popcorneater:

Feom the beginning this narrative that the new principle was on a power trip didn't seem possible Or make sense.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/03/06/sheriff-offices-blackman-investigation-confirmed/24546181/

People love coach shadowens because hes generally pleasant and hes a winner but there are also plenty of people who would tell you that he has a big ego and isn't very easy to work with unless you are in his inner circle.

hes not a bad guy but you have to change with the times. Rumor is that all he had to do was accept responsibility and punishment for the improprieties that were reported and he would still be coaching and life would have went on. Instead he threw a fit and went and said a bunch of stuff I'm sure he regrets to the newspaper. Bridge burned......

I have a tremendous amount of both admiration and respect for coach. I have no idea about this new principal.

I did hear that she was not a fan of students going to the State Tournament for basketball. If that is the case, she is one sad puppy. Experiences like those are a lot of what high school is all about. Not only would her predecessor want the students there, she would drive the bus if necessary.

My question that I have yet to hear an answer on is who initiated the audit. If it was her, and it looks as if it was. She most certainly was on a witch hunt and has managed to run off one of the best football coaches in the State's history! :popcorneater:

^^^^This^^^^

Feom the beginning this narrative that the new principle was on a power trip didn't seem possible Or make sense.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/03/06/sheriff-offices-blackman-investigation-confirmed/24546181/

People love coach shadowens because hes generally pleasant and hes a winner but there are also plenty of people who would tell you that he has a big ego and isn't very easy to work with unless you are in his inner circle.

hes not a bad guy but you have to change with the times. Rumor is that all he had to do was accept responsibility and punishment for the improprieties that were reported and he would still be coaching and life would have went on. Instead he threw a fit and went and said a bunch of stuff I'm sure he regrets to the newspaper. Bridge burned......

I'm not going to go into the personal attacks, because it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. As to the "rumor is" stuff.....that's all that is. But just to humor everybody, let's go down your road for a minute. You're saying all he had to to was "accept responsibility and punishment for the improprieties that were reported and he would still be coaching".... So he was supposed to have accepted responsibility for something he had ZERO control or responsibility over? The booster club and their funds are NOT the responsibility of the head coach. Just like Cat said earlier (who was Shad's BC Pres at Smyrna), Shad has never been involved with that aspect. So why are the same people that were responsible for the screw ups unaffected and now just spewing the party line and what they are told to say?

Edited by blazeburnin

Rumor is that all he had to do was accept responsibility and punishment for the improprieties that were reported and he would still be coaching and life would have went on. Instead he threw a fit and went and said a bunch of stuff I'm sure he regrets to the newspaper. Bridge burned......

Not true! This all started back in August when the principal had changed an assistant coaches schedule so that he would have to teach during last period and Shad went to her to see if she could change it so that the coach could travel with the team on some away games as well as use that period for football prep. The principal refused, shook her finger in his face and basically told him that she didn't care and that was the way it was gonna be. Made it clear that she was the boss.

The article stated that the RCS investigation showed Shad of no wrongdoing, so why, when he has stated all along that he did nothing wrong would he accept responsibility and punishment. He also had trust in the booster club president that they were doing things the right way.

Also, where have you seen that he has thrown a fit and said a bunch of stuff that he regrets to the newspaper? All he has done is state that he has done nothing wrong and that the principal had made it clear that she didn't want him coaching, other than that he has pretty much remained quiet. It sounds more like if there were any improprieties that it was booster club, not Shad, therefore it would fall more on the booster club presidents shoulders. Which is fast becoming clear as to why he (booster club president) was against the community fighting for Shad and asking for answers and investigations into this matter.

Not true! This all started back in August when the principal had changed an assistant coaches schedule so that he would have to teach during last period and Shad went to her to see if she could change it so that the coach could travel with the team on some away games as well as use that period for football prep. The principal refused, shook her finger in his face and basically told him that she didn't care and that was the way it was gonna be. Made it clear that she was the boss.

The article stated that the RCS investigation showed Shad of no wrongdoing, so why, when he has stated all along that he did nothing wrong would he accept responsibility and punishment. He also had trust in the booster club president that they were doing things the right way.

Also, where have you seen that he has thrown a fit and said a bunch of stuff that he regrets to the newspaper? All he has done is state that he has done nothing wrong and that the principal had made it clear that she didn't want him coaching, other than that he has pretty much remained quiet. It sounds more like if there were any improprieties that it was booster club, not Shad, therefore it would fall more on the booster club presidents shoulders. Which is fast becoming clear as to why he (booster club president) was against the community fighting for Shad and asking for answers and investigations into this matter.

Spot on. I don't see any possible "regrettable" comments he has made. He said they had differing opinions on the way the program should be run. She has basically said the same things.

I completely agree. It's amazing how fast things have "cleared" up and see where people truly "stand" and I use that term loosely. More like their strings are holding them up. Just who is pulling the strings is the issue.

"ThrowXaway" sounds a whole bunch like Wayne Armstrong and I'm pretty sure he has already been told to keep his mouth shut or he would be sued for slander. Hope no one has the ability on here to find out who's behind that screen name and get that proof to Shad.....hate to see a guy who doesn't make much driving a forklift get sued to trying to ruin a good mans name and career....