Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

Does all of this have anything to do with the team's discipline and behavior problems over the last couple years?  Was their any kind of 'official' inquiry into the problems they've had.

Shadowens has become a very good coach but two things would concern me if I were hiring him.

1,  The discipline issues popped up too often.

2.  The offense has been pretty much just 'offense by broken play' the last couple years.  

Gonna be hard for Blackman to get a good coach, considering the circumstances of Shad's resignation.  Who in their right mind would want to work for a principal like that?

WOW

You are correct! Does this lady not understand that the coaches throughout the Southeast not only talk but often know each other very well. Some young coach will take the job thinking that he can change or work with this lady and that will ruin his coaching career.

Does all of this have anything to do with the team's discipline and behavior problems over the last couple years?  Was their any kind of 'official' inquiry into the problems they've had.

Shadowens has become a very good coach but two things would concern me if I were hiring him.

1,  The discipline issues popped up too often.

2.  The offense has been pretty much just 'offense by broken play' the last couple years.

At the high school level the head football coach has a strong influence over the kids but his job is not to monitor the kids 24/7. If the school & team is having discipline problems you may want to look at the type of kids you have and what the PRINCIPAL is doing to lessen those discipline problems. I was told by the late John Merritt that if a player is acting like a fool, you can go to that players home and knock on the front door there is a 99% chance a fool will answer the door. Yes, you probably have parental issues. Edited by cbg

At the high school level the head football coach has a strong influence over the kids but his job is not to monitor the kids 24/7. If the school & team is having discipline problems you may want to look at the type of kids you have and what the PRINCIPAL is doing to lessen those discipline problems. I was told by the late John Merritt that if a player is acting like a fool, you can go to that players home and knock on the front door there is a 99% chance a fool will answer the door. Yes, you probably have parental issues.

You hit the nail right on the head. But let's not turn this into a parent and kid bashing. As far a we know shad was having the same problems that all coaches have when a woman administrator is involved. I can only imagine what will happen a woman take over the White House.

You hit the nail right on the head. But let's not turn this into a parent and kid bashing. As far a we know shad was having the same problems that all coaches have when a woman administrator is involved. I can only imagine what will happen a woman take over the White House.

i would vote for Margret Thatcher but not Hillary Clinton.

A couple of "absolute facts"

1.) Coaches have egos (*note, it is standard equipment)............some coaches have oversized egos. (*also note, egos can get your panties in a wad)

2.) Administrators stick together............adminstrators wince & cringe when they see their brothers and sisters called out in the newspapers.

IMHO..........this is about the dumbest thing a "seemingly smart coach" could ever do..........she will have a line of coaches from here to China apply for that job, and (2) years from now it will be "Phillip who?"

NEVER call out a dum..ss boss in public................NEVER!!! It is very similar to calling a 1 yd pass on 2nd down in a Super Bowl with a beast resting behind you...........keep your ego at bay, and your mouth shut.....feed the beast!!

Hope that it works out for your Coach..............it may not!

A couple of "absolute facts"

1.) Coaches have egos (*note, it is standard equipment)............some coaches have oversized egos. (*also note, egos can get your panties in a wad)

2.) Administrators stick together............adminstrators wince & cringe when they see their brothers and sisters called out in the newspapers.

IMHO..........this is about the dumbest thing a "seemingly smart coach" could ever do..........she will have a line of coaches from here to China apply for that job, and (2) years from now it will be "Phillip who?"

NEVER call out a dum..ss boss in public................NEVER!!! It is very similar to calling a 1 yd pass on 2nd down in a Super Bowl with a beast resting behind you...........keep your ego at bay, and your mouth shut.....feed the beast!!

Hope that it works out for your Coach..............it may not!

Pretty sure he didnt call anyone out in public until he was told to resign!  Do some research about where the principal came from.  She has an interesting track record.  Also, Shadowens has been there for 6 years?  no issues prior to this new 1st year principal.  Maybe it isnt just the ole ball coach with an ego?

Rutherford County allowed this to happen!? Isn't Shadowens the longest tenured coach in RC.  And since Rankin left he has to be the winningest coach there.  Unreal, I thought RC was supposed to be the SEC of High School football in TN.  It shows they really don't care about athletics.   Can't use academics as an excuse either.  On signing day pretty sure the Blaze sent some STUDENT-ATHLETES to some pretty prestigious colleges/universities/academy.  I don't know, I probably shouldn't care, it just bothers me. 

Pretty sure he didnt call anyone out in public until he was told to resign!  Do some research about where the principal came from.  She has an interesting track record.  Also, Shadowens has been there for 6 years?  no issues prior to this new 1st year principal.  Maybe it isnt just the ole ball coach with an ego?

Read my post..............I did not call her smart!

Remember the (2) rules

1.) The Boss is always right

2.) If Boss is wrong......refer back to rule #1.

Shadowens is undoubtably a good coach, but calling out your principal in the paper is NOT smart. Here is why..............if he applies for Oakland; I have to believe the Oakland principal will think..............hmmm..."what if turns on me"..........hmm.

Now this will not apply,,,,IF he and the Oakland principal are relatives, next-door neighbors, or simply great friends.

Reason I say this.........I had 2 coaching friends do same thing; was NOT a good career for either..............they never recovered.

BURNING BRIDGES IS NOT SMART...............BURNING THEM IN PUBLIC EXCEEDS ANY AND ALL IQ; THAT ONE MIGHT HAVE!!