GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

He was a coward for quitting on his players like that

You and others are jumping to conclusions when you have no facts. Almost always a mistake. I don't know but I would wager there is a whole lot more to the story than what's on this board or the blurb in the local rag . For all we know " quitting " may not have been his choice.

He was a coward for quitting on his players like that

Most of the time i just laugh at your ignorance,but sometimes you just have to be called out on it.He had his reasons and most all of you would have done the same.This is just football sometimes family and personal reasons over rule a game.This is the last i will comment Coach Lyles doesnt deserve you or THE AMBASSADORS childish dribble.GB will be just fine.Have a good day guys. Edited by orngnblk

Most of the time i just laugh at your ignorance,but sometimes you just have to be called out on it.He had his reasons and most all of you would have done the same.This is just football sometimes family and personal reasons over rule a game.This is the last i will comment Coach Lyles is good guy doesnt deserve you are THE AMBASSADORS childish dribble.GB will be just fine.Have a good day guys.

Thanks for calling me ignorant,Jerk. You've just been reported for that ###### post

Edited by BigDave1967

Most of the time i just laugh at your ignorance,but sometimes you just have to be called out on it.He had his reasons and most all of you would have done the same.This is just football sometimes family and personal reasons over rule a game.This is the last i will comment Coach Lyles is good guy doesnt deserve you are THE AMBASSADORS childish dribble.GB will be just fine.Have a good day guys.

How have I been childish? The coach said being a head coach was so much more than he thought it was. I gave an opinion. I didn't call him names. I said I believe for the kids sake he should have just sucked it up and ridden this thing out until the end of the season. Resigning now really puts the team in a bind. If he had health reasons for it then I understand, but if not I would like to have seen him at least complete the commitment for this season.

the meeting tonight should rally the troops and get everybody that matters on the same page. I understand what you're trying to say 'bass, but without knowing everything involved with the situation, it's probably best left alone. I hope everybody rallies tonight around this team and that ground swell continues thru the fall. Good luck GB.

the meeting tonight should rally the troops and get everybody that matters on the same page. I understand what you're trying to say 'bass, but without knowing everything involved with the situation, it's probably best left alone. I hope everybody rallies tonight around this team and that ground swell continues thru the fall. Good luck GB.

Hopefully Greenback will rally and keep on keeping on and have a great season.

orngblk is trying to say "we don't know all the facts, so there's no point in casting stones." Seems like fair advice to me.

The Coach was quoted as saying the head job caused him to lose focus on the more important things in life.

To me, those things are first and foremost my Lord and Savior Jesus - then my family. 

If something is causing you to lose focus on these things you need to let it go.

Good luck - I think yall will be just fine

• Upvote 1

The Coach was quoted as saying the head job caused him to lose focus on the more important things in life.

To me, those things are first and foremost my Lord and Savior Jesus - then my family. 

If something is causing you to lose focus on these things you need to let it go.

Good luck - I think yall will be just fine

Good post Southtowner,these should be ALL our priorities!

Lets keep this to one thread.Coach Kilpatrick and Coach Greg Ryan are CoHead Coaches.GB will not skip a beat,no disrespect to Coach Lyles but these two have alot more experience and Coach Ryan likes a couple yrs to have 5 total in at the high school level to take over as Head Coach (at least those are my thoughts).Greenback future is in great hands.The team went to LC yesterday and dominated Lenoir City and Beat an athletic Gibbs team in another pass competition.I dont care much for pass leagues but the QBs,recievers and Dbacks need the work.GBs strength will be up front on both sides of the ball so when real football starts we will get a better look at the team as a whole.Good luck to Coach Lyles he is a good guy!

Was West there as well? Did you guys give them a good thumping too?