GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

With the kid from Sequoyah and rumors of more players transferring to Greenback along with the great talent they already have in place, whomever the coach is will be set to go very very deep if not win it all. I believe they will hire within and not take the risk of an outsider hurting the already extremely solid program.

With the kid from Sequoyah and rumors of more players transferring to Greenback along with the great talent they already have in place, whomever the coach is will be set to go very very deep if not win it all. I believe they will hire within and not take the risk of an outsider hurting the already extremely solid program.

Great talent?Good i can see but the great players have graduated over the past three yrs.Most of the line returns but are average as of right now,that was their pitfall last yr couldnt sustain drives against solid teams and couldnt pass block.Backfield will be decent,Anderson,Laforce and especially McCloud (over 100 tackles past two yrs) graduating will really hurt the backfield as well as the defence.The young QB has his chance to shine if they can give him the time,he is very promising.A very good Freshman class will bring some depth but only a very few can contribute at a varsity level.The Seq kid i am unfamiliar with what position does he play? Transfers that news also where did you get this info and where are they transferring from?If we dont get some quality lineman it will be very similar to last yr.You can have a ton of skill but if they cant get to daylight it wont help much.I am anxious to see the "All new Cherokees" personally.Spring is moving in so we will see. Edited by orngnblk

Loudon won't be anything like they were this past season. The two main weapons Loudon had are graduating. Greenback will probably be a 14 point favorite to open the season. With talk of the best Defensive Tackle in the state and one of the top Running Backs in the state along with the 4 returning starting lineman and a very athletic Quarter Back. They will be very solid and a force to be reckoned with especially for 1A team.

Loudon won't be anything like they were this past season. The two main weapons Loudon had are graduating. Greenback will probably be a 14 point favorite to open the season. With talk of the best Defensive Tackle in the state and one of the top Running Backs in the state along with the 4 returning starting lineman and a very athletic Quarter Back. They will be very solid and a force to be reckoned with especially for 1A team.

Top defensive tackle in the state? I don't see him listed on UT's board. One of the better 1A defensive tackles would be a better label for him.

Put the brakes on the cart because your horse is lagging behind.The back may be a for sure,but the lineman is not.State facts,i guess the back is your son or something of that nature.These two individual are good players but best in the state?We will see.The enthusiam is fun but lets be real nothing is in stone.Also at 6'0 and 255 i hardly think he is a UT prospect and if he was GB would not help him at all in the college prospect ranks.4A to 1A wouldnt do much for him.Would i like to see a 2 time All State 4A player at GB?Heck yes but if the young man has college hopes im not sure that would be his best move.IMO! Edited by orngnblk

I said with talk of the top DT coming, never said for sure. But, if he does transfer and everyone stays healthy I strongly feel like they would represent the East. I also believe it would be a great move for the DT to have possibly 2 State Championships on his resume and help his recruiting stock. That wouldn't happen anywhere else but, maybe Maryville.

Sounds like the admin been busy. News of these transfers coming at a great time along with the new school and facilities. Greenback seems to be looking to get back in the championship hunt. As mentioned before, the right hire may just tip the scales. In my opinion 1A is going to be one of the toughest classes to win in. I am not talking about Region Champs. There are some region winners that will get their feelings hurt come Playoffs. This is shaping up to be a great playoff season in this class.