GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

Ok it's obvious The Expert doesn't like Greenback. Who do you like Expert? You might be the Expert, but just remember I'm your ambassador.

It's not that I dislike Greenback. I respect the tradition and a lot of the people. I just don't care much for the braggers and the way they operate. That is my opinion. You might be an AmbASSador, but I'm your Expert.

You hit the nail on the head!This talk is nonsense.GB has been out coached and out played the past three yrs until that beast is conquered i dont see anything other than a good season this yr.Great seasons are hard to come by for these 190 student schools and its not going to change anytime soon.I would love to see GB in cookeville but face it Oneida and Coalfield both outplayed us and out coached us last yr and its the same old same old every yr here lately.I do want to see what the 2015 Cherokees can do but from what i see returning and other than a couple very good players returning the jury is out.I know we return 3 or 4 starting lineman but face it we where not good up front so i am very curious to see what we can do to make them better.We return an average fullback and some promising young guys and got a "stud" in from Seq but if you cant block you cant run.Our recieving corp will be down also.QB should be alot better but we havnt seen him at the Varsity level in a regular season game yet to see how he handles the pressure and adversity,i do think he has the potential to be one of our best tho.Pujo i agree i dont know if we can win the region.Then we have to figure in a new coaching staff that alone will be a learning curve.Coalfield sould be the front runner a team that can throw and run is very tough come playoff time.The QB from Coalfield is the best ayer from the East side i saw play last yr and only got better as the season went on,HE was the difference maker in the playoff game against us at home PERIOD!Without him they dont beat us he is a special player.Peabody moving down and NCS returning practically their whole team does make it almsot impossible for anyone on the side to bring home a Gold ball but that can change in an instant with key injuries in 1A.Oneida and Harriman(if they can figure out how to coach for 4 quarters)will both be very tough to beat next yr.I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but we have had some very good football teams the past three yrs and we still have nothing to show from it and i am very disappointed in our postseason play,after last yrs lost to Coalfield in the playoffs i have put the Orange colored glasses up (for now)But we still play the games and anything can happen.So hurry up football season!Good luck to all!

. I told you I thought this year was going to be special now didn't I! Are you looking through those orange colored glasses again yet? I couldn't be more proud of that Silver ball those boys brought home! Our receivers panned out pretty good just like I had hoped. Somebody's gotta be catching those passes to get the QB over 2,300 passing yards for the season, lol! What a special year and what a ride after everything that they faced leadin up to the season. This team played with CHEROKEE pride all year long and were destined for great things. Now let's hope they work hard this off season and go finish what they started. Got a lot of our core returning! Plus little LJ will be joining this bunch next season so watch out! Now there's a live one. I'm gonna enjoy every minute of watching my boys play football together for the first and last season ever!

Just for the fun of it Cherokean,what is the record prior to 85 and after.I know when Satterfield took over it was like a light switch had came on.You had said we had one playoff appearance before 85 (which I was unaware of) and after 85 it was a terrible season if we didn't make it.Just curious.Thx.Great post by the way!!

Here you go OnB...

We have played 73 different schools over the program's 59 seasons history...

Programs Biggest Rivalries (currently)

Coalfield - record 24-14...first game 1979

Midway - record 33-16-3...first game 1964 (longest continuous rival, never twice)

Oneida - record 17-18...first game 1979

1957-84 (28 seasons)

Record: 103-168-10

Playoffs: 1 time; 1973 (your FB trainers were Sophomores in HS)

• 10 winning seasons
  • 2 times Co-Champions Foothills Conference (1966 & 1973)
  • 3 winless seasons (1960, 1964 & 1969)
  • Most wins in a season was 9, twice (1966 & 1980) 
  • 4 Bowl games...record 1-3 (1966, 1975, 1979 & 1980)

1985-Present (31 seasons)

Record: 241-126

Playoffs: 23 times; 1985-87, 1990-97, 1999, 2001-04, 2008, & 2010-15

• 24 winning seasons
  • State Champions 1987 & State Runner-up 2015...of course
  • No winless seasons
  • Least amount of wins in a season is 1 (2006)
  • Of course most wins in a season is 15...second most wins is 12 (2002 & 2015) 
  • 2 undefeated regular seasons (1987 & 2002)
  • 1 Bowl game...record 0-1 (1989)

I need to check on the actual total number of district/region titles and their year's...

Record broken down by decade

1957-59...4-22-3

1960s...28-67-5

1970s...53-46-2

1980s...57-53

1990s...79-41

2000s...68-46

2010-Present...55-19

Edited by cherokean

Here you go OnB...

We have played 73 different schools over the program's 59 seasons history...

Programs Biggest Rivalries (currently)

Coalfield - record 24-14...first game 1979

Midway - record 33-16-3...first game 1964 (longest continuous rival, never twice)

Oneida - record 17-18...first game 1979

1957-84 (28 seasons)

Record: 103-168-10

Playoffs: 1 time; 1973 (your FB trainers were Sophomores in HS)

• 10 winning seasons
  • 2 times Co-Champions Foothills Conference (1966 & 1973)
  • 3 winless seasons (1960, 1964 & 1969)
  • Most wins in a season was 9, twice (1966 & 1980)
  • 4 Bowl games...record 1-3 (1966, 1975, 1979 & 1980)
1985-Present (31 seasons)

Record: 241-126

Playoffs: 23 times; 1985-87, 1990-97, 1999, 2001-04, 2008, & 2010-15

• 24 winning seasons
  • State Champions 1987 & State Runner-up 2015...of course
  • No winless seasons
  • Least amount of wins in a season is 1 (2006)
  • Of course most wins in a season is 15...second most wins is 12 (2002 & 2015)
  • 2 undefeated regular seasons (1987 & 2002)
  • 1 Bowl game...record 0-1 (1989)
I need to check on the actual total number of district/region titles and their year's...

Record broken down by decade

1957-59...4-22-3

1960s...28-67-5

1970s...53-46-2

1980s...57-53

1990s...79-41

2000s...68-46

2010-Present...55-19

YOU are the man!Great stuff.We layer the foundation in 85 and wow we look like a pretty good ball team now!2010-present is pretty tough all my sons played in those years.Now keep the wheels on the wagon.As for OnB colored glasses Lady,I will always have them on...But I will always give a fair assessment of our team.Can't let all the Village idiots run the boards or we look like fools!A couple showed their tails this he but that is also the fun part on these boards.You know me as well as anyone out there I will always be OnB it has made who I am today!We need to become more humble and work our tails off as you said.Also I am looking forward to little Leroy this ought to be entertaining!LOL.Couldn't be more proud of the boys.The East side of the bracket gets harder next year and we have to be focused on 2016 now and leave 2015 where its at in the TROPHY CASE!Next stop spring practice.Work hard Cherokees!!

. I told you I thought this year was going to be special now didn't I! Are you looking through those orange colored glasses again yet? I couldn't be more proud of that Silver ball those boys brought home! Our receivers panned out pretty good just like I had hoped. Somebody's gotta be catching those passes to get the QB over 2,300 passing yards for the season, lol! What a special year and what a ride after everything that they faced leadin up to the season. This team played with CHEROKEE pride all year long and were destined for great things. Now let's hope they work hard this off season and go finish what they started. Got a lot of our core returning! Plus little LJ will be joining this bunch next season so watch out! Now there's a live one. I'm gonna enjoy every minute of watching my boys play football together for the first and last season ever!

Just reread this whole preseason post.Man I was pretty accurate.What we needed to do we finally did.See that part about NCS???Off course I'm just being your AMBASSADOR right now LOL!The point is it came down to us doing what we haven't been able to do and that is adjust,the past 5 seasons coaching EGOS got in our way.One didn't want to do this and one didn't want to do that,he's to little to play that position and so on and so forth.We have the guys now to break each team down and change the D or O to suit the game.You seen these last few yes and when you won't change you won't win.We have the coaches now to move us in the right direction!This is my Opinion.

Just reread this whole preseason post.Man I was pretty accurate.What we needed to do we finally did.See that part about NCS???Off course I'm just being your AMBASSADOR right now LOL!The point is it came down to us doing what we haven't been able to do and that is adjust,the past 5 seasons coaching EGOS got in our way.One didn't want to do this and one didn't want to do that,he's to little to play that position and so on and so forth.We have the guys now to break each team down and change the D or O to suit the game.You seen these last few yes and when you won't change you won't win.We have the coaches now to move us in the right direction!This is my Opinion.

Ambassador, really? You're stealing my thunder man. Come on. LMBO