Region 1A: Thoughts?

Dawgfan88

Nothing like watching Coach Carter night before game day!! Reading post on Coach T!! Building a fire

As for building fires, I hear SG boys are doin a good of that on other forums LOL

Hampton better be doing their talk on the floor not twitter!

Good thing mine doesn't go on with that crap...least he'd better not let me find out :D

#24 didn't have near the night he typically does. #10 stepped up and I think he had the high score for SG. I have seen them shoot much better. I'm not taking anything away from them, just saying I know they have more to offer. Unfortunately, I will miss the game tomorrow night, but can hopefully catch it on the radio. Good luck to both teams in substate.

What I want to know is why in the world was this game was not played today. 5 other region championships we played today. Now both Hampton AND SG fans have to pick between the boys or the girls game. How fair is that. Imagine if you have a son and daughter who plays. Sucks anyone has to be put in that situation.

Getting to the show is step #1...if we win region, we'll play UC...If we lose and win sub state, we'll play Mitchell...Having the chance to play either will be an honor

Dang, I guess I need to see if I can get a refund on my substate ticket since the game is already over. It's an hour and 10 minute drive to UC from Jackson and if it's already over I could save a lot of gas money! Lol. We played Mitchell really well. We led up until 2 mins left in 2nd Q. They went on an 11-0 run and won by 14. Mitchell is hands down best team in the state. They are like a small college team. I have seen UC twice in person and watched a bunch of games on film. They are very, very good but they are not Mitchell. TCA didn't really get going until January because of football. It took them a month to get their legs under them and their shots back. 7 of first 8 players play football. Four of their losses were due to FB players being out. It will be a close game contrary to popular belief. UC will have an advantage being at home but TCA will bring high pressure for 32 minutes. They can play defense! This will be 3rd substate appearance for these Seniors. Hard to get out of West Tn in basketball. If it's not a Memphis team it's a district 14A team(easily toughest district in state). We play in 15A which usually has 3 really good teams but 14A will have 5 to 7 that could make it to Boro on a regular basis! Good luck to Region 1 and 2. I just hope you guys don't see Mitchell too soon!

No offense meant toward TCA...I had actually looked at the bracket and misread or misunderstood...No way would I snub TCA.

And you're spot on about MM and UC.

We, far East teams, have huge mountains to climb competing with dist 14 and 15...We only see that kind of competition in spring and summer for the most part...But if we make it, we tend to bring a ballgame with us.

What I want to know is why in the world was this game was not played today. 5 other region championships we played today. Now both Hampton AND SG fans have to pick between the boys or the girls game. How fair is that. Imagine if you have a son and daughter who plays. Sucks anyone has to be put in that situation.

I am extremely disappointed that I will not be able to see both teams play. This was the same deal Friday. I'm going to the girls game because I know it will be the last game I see of them this year, but I will be able to see the boys at substate. It isn't fair to the fans or to the schools hosting these home games. There was very poor attendance at SGs home game Friday and I expect it to be the same for the girls tomorrow night at home. They also have to split the cheerleaders.

Appreciate it! I agree. Most of the time you don't see this kind of competition until travel ball(AAU, etc) but these Districts out here are the exception. Mitchell has 2 players that played with Team Thad out of Memphis. They are all D 1 recruits. They have another who plays with the Memphis Magic and he is a D1 recruit. I would imagine the remainder of the 9 players they have play on some AAU team. Their bench would be starters for most any team in Single A. I'm telling you, I was very happy to come away with a 14 point loss. I actually think it gave our boys confidence going into the Union City game. I agree the East teams do bring a good game when they play but they are typically less talented. The reverse is typically true in Football. If I remember correctly, Hampton gave Mitchell a pretty decent game last year. Their quickness on defense is unreal! They are also very long.

Oh, I will never forget the speed of MM last year at the boro! They were a different team in the tourney after their fortunate win over GP!

Most of the east teams aren't playing AAU basketball, the majority are getting ready for FB. The basketball talent is just much deeper in that part of the state.