Region 2-AA Tournament thoughts?

AlcoaBasketball

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark horse imo may be Alcoa. Saw them early thought talent was good.

AE has beaten Catholic twice so they could cause problems.

Barring upsets in this order Carter/CAK best teams with Fulton having outside shot.

Alcoa's margin for error is very slim against Carter, but the game itself will be a circus.

Austin-East might challenge CAK for awhile. I don't see G-P beating Catholic to be honest, nor do I see Kingston beating Fulton. But that's why they play the game.

Hard to say Carter is better than Fulton considering Fulton swept them. CAK is playing well. Heard AE lost Hale with ACL injury. Catholic has the potential to play with any of these teams.

Irish...it is a shame the 3-aa tourney games were cancelled. Fulton won rd 1 Carter led all game in rd 2 leading by 14-16 at one point and literally gave the game away. Rd 3 would have been worth the price of the ticket, but no District 3 will be crowned. I like Fulton Carter and G-P to win but w/o a healthy Hale Cak has to be favored.

Agree CAK will take care of AE. Not so sure bout Catholic over GP. Looking at schedules I found that AE beat Catholic twice. GP beat AE twice. Based on that I would say GP is the favorite.

Carter beat Alcoa by 20+ a couple of weeks ago. Game will be closer. But Carter with two D I players who can score 50 they should win. But as in all region games it won't be easy

Based on records Fulton should beat Kingston. But I predict Kingston will challenge the Falcons and margin will be less than 10.

Semis Carter rolls over CAK. Best team in town. And rember only lost to Fulton due to their generous spirit. Won't be in giving mood vs CAK

Fulton and GP. This is a pick em. Fulton will over look GP looking to avenage their moral defeat to Carter earlier in the year. Fulton wins but don't be surprise if GP pulls off a shocker.

Finals. No doubt Carter. Only lost Fulton because of injuries and a gift. By far best team in Region. This game will be decided by half time. Carter will score 100+ and gift Fulton 75.