Sevier County Smoky Bears 2015

gobears89

Well I haven't been to the new field since they dug up the Indian Mound in the center of the field and moved it somewhere else but that would have to be a major plus. At the time Sevier County had the only football field in the state that I know of that you could be on one sideline and not even see the players on the other side of the field if they were on the ground. The other thing I thought was a major problem was the traffic getting into the place and getting out at the end of the game. Other than that great fans, nice stadium and good food and we'll sure miss playing you guys this year. I also would like to add that after the game this past year when I got to the car I listened to Sevier County radio announcer and he made it quick to mentioned that during all these years The Bears have had major interruptions in their football program when P.F. was built and took away a lot of good players and when this new school on 66 has taken some more players. He mentioned Maryville has went through a major growth period and has never built new schools to assorb all the new students and chose to add onto what they have and he was kind of insinuated had Sevier County done the same we would have been looking at a different ballgame. Guess he was trying to make the fans there feel better about the situation but I did hear that and thought it was interesting.

I'm glad we're moving in the right direction on the barn-o-meter. Our little league football field has a pretty good crown on it so we still have that going. I do think we would have played maryville closer if it wasn't for the new schools, but don't know if it would of been enough to change the outcome. I think our school superintendent prefers a bunch of 3a schools instead of letting SC grow

I think spring practice starts next week at SC. Sounds crazy but hey its football.

Can you call it spring practice if its still winter? By the way, good job on the 2015 preview. Very thorough. Only disagree with you on playing kids both ways, wish we could get away from that

GB

Not sure what the deal is about having spring practice so early. No Science Hill scrimmage either I guess the coaches just dont put much stock into the whole spring practice thing. Several guys play baseball maybe that has something to do with it. I would like to see some of these new oline guys vs real competition but I guess they can get a similar look from the returning dl starters. I think the coaches have their work cut out for them with rebuilding the OL and replacing some of the depth of last years team. The Bears lost about 10 seniors that played a lot and with a small JR class and a small soph class its just not going to be as easy to reload as it has been the last 3 or 4 years. The SR class was 1 of like 5 in a row that went undefeated as freshman and JV that is not the case now the JR class lost 4 or 5 games as freshman and the sophmores lost about the same. The talent took a hit with that JR class because of the new school and so have the classes behind them. Next season 2016 will be a total rebuild and probably a tough season but thats what happens when a new school opens up down the street. The superintendent  is a jack ask he is a GP guy who hates to see SC have success but he really cant do much to effect the product on the field. They do have a pretty strong freshman class coming in and I hear the little league pipeline is pretty full so the down period should be short but I think they will have at least 2 rough years by their recent standards. This year I could see 10-15 wins the next couple could be more like 5 or 6 win type seasons. I know that is waaaay down the road but wasting spring practice time does not seem to be the best way to approach a rebuilding period. It will be freezing unless they get lucky and I could see them canceling practices due to bad weather if that happens thats what I mean by wasting the spring time. 

2 freshman that could play this year that I forgot to mention would be Noah Webb and Dylan mcgaha. Either of these guys could probably work their way onto the field too bad they cant participate in spring to show what the got that would be the jack super responsible for that. I can remember back in my day as a Bear a couple 8th graders came into spring practice named Shane Kelly and Jeffery Sutton and you could tell right away that they were going to be special. They went on to win the only gold ball SC has won again its too bad these current 8th graders dont get those extra 15 practices to show the coaches what they can do.

GB 

Edited by gobears89

when do they usually have sp

It has been mid to late may when most every other HS football team does spring. I wonder if any other school is doing it in early march? I think colleges go early but they have indoor facilities if needed. Its probably no big deal but I just think it is odd given the fact that the boys will still be in school when it gets warmer and you can get an opponent to just keep the fun in the whole thing. I played a lot of football and the reward is when the other team rolls in. It does not matter to the kids if it is spring or not they want to play vs anybody else after so many days against each other.

GB

Edited by gobears89

Not sure what the deal is about having spring practice so early. No Science Hill scrimmage either I guess the coaches just dont put much stock into the whole spring practice thing. Several guys play baseball maybe that has something to do with it. I would like to see some of these new oline guys vs real competition but I guess they can get a similar look from the returning dl starters. I think the coaches have their work cut out for them with rebuilding the OL and replacing some of the depth of last years team. The Bears lost about 10 seniors that played a lot and with a small JR class and a small soph class its just not going to be as easy to reload as it has been the last 3 or 4 years. The SR class was 1 of like 5 in a row that went undefeated as freshman and JV that is not the case now the JR class lost 4 or 5 games as freshman and the sophmores lost about the same. The talent took a hit with that JR class because of the new school and so have the classes behind them. Next season 2016 will be a total rebuild and probably a tough season but thats what happens when a new school opens up down the street. The superintendent is a jack ask he is a GP guy who hates to see SC have success but he really cant do much to effect the product on the field. They do have a pretty strong freshman class coming in and I hear the little league pipeline is pretty full so the down period should be short but I think they will have at least 2 rough years by their recent standards. This year I could see 10-15 wins the next couple could be more like 5 or 6 win type seasons. I know that is waaaay down the road but wasting spring practice time does not seem to be the best way to approach a rebuilding period. It will be freezing unless they get lucky and I could see them canceling practices due to bad weather if that happens thats what I mean by wasting the spring time.

2 freshman that could play this year that I forgot to mention would be Noah Webb and Dylan mcgaha. Either of these guys could probably work their way onto the field too bad they cant participate in spring to show what the got that would be the jack super responsible for that. I can remember back in my day as a Bear a couple 8th graders came into spring practice named Shane Kelly and Jeffery Sutton and you could tell right away that they were going to be special. They went on to win the only gold ball SC has won again its too bad these current 8th graders dont get those extra 15 practices to show the coaches what they can do.

GB

I too look a little slump after this year. I've heard the o line coac probably won't be back. Have you heard anything? It would be a big loss if he to quit coaching. I don't understand wasting the spring practice. Seems to me like a couple scrimmages would really help. We'll see come fall. Jeffrey Sutton, haven't heard that name in a while but he was a really good player for the smoky bears. I know Noah Webb and he the potential to be really special. Our peewees are undefeated past 2 seasons, hopefully they continue to develop and can have some special years in high school. Hey gb89, when you gonna set a meeting time at frank Allen's?

The Bears may need some transfers/new recruits in the JR and Sophmore classes or else start feeding them some A-ROD juice. Maybe they can get those replays going on the Jumbo TV to pump up the future Bears. SDOT  you could get some peewee highlights and get them on at half time of the HS games. Thats probably not legal but it would bring attention and excitement. Got to recruit vs all the other county schools to keep afloat or else the Bears will be a 5A doormat. And canceling spring scrimmages is crazy its another chance to sell the program! Heck I would schedule teams I knew we could beat the crap out of with backups just to show more highlights on that fancy TV.Unfortunately nobody ever comes to Dollywood 2 ask what I think they should do B) 

As for frank allen meetings Im afraid we would come to the conclusion that we should call the Mountain Press and have the current staff fired and just take over. I would hate to see those guys lose their jobs and end up at PF like the last guy that got fired.  :roflol: 

GoBears!

The Bears may need some transfers/new recruits in the JR and Sophmore classes or else start feeding them some A-ROD juice. Maybe they can get those replays going on the Jumbo TV to pump up the future Bears. SDOT you could get some peewee highlights and get them on at half time of the HS games. Thats probably not legal but it would bring attention and excitement. Got to recruit vs all the other county schools to keep afloat or else the Bears will be a 5A doormat. And canceling spring scrimmages is crazy its another chance to sell the program! Heck I would schedule teams I knew we could beat the crap out of with backups just to show more highlights on that fancy TV.Unfortunately nobody ever comes to Dollywood 2 ask what I think they should do B)

As for frank allen meetings Im afraid we would come to the conclusion that we should call the Mountain Press and have the current staff fired and just take over. I would hate to see those guys lose their jobs and end up at PF like the last guy that got fired. :roflol:

GoBears!

It should be pretty easy to recruit kids to the land of roller coasters and water slides. Maybe even get some jobs lined up at five oaks where all the pretty girls on vacation like to shop. I bet I could get some highlights on the jumbotron, even if I have to "hack" into the thing. I'll look for the RCA jacks on it next time im at the field. I wondered if our former coach is missing the friendly confines of burchfiel stadium. Edited by SdotBears