Region 2- AAA Tournament

Norman Dale

Region 4 had two games left for the boys. Bearden vs. Heritage for the Championship and Maryville vs. Lenoir City for third place. The Region was seeded based on the higher regular season finish of the teams in each game. Bearden gets the #1 seed because they finished higher in the regular season than Heritage who gets the #2. Maryville is #3 because they finished higher than Lenoir City who is #4.

I wish they would have let the games be played out. I have no conspiracy theories but these young men should have had a chance to play for position instead of it being handed out. Teams get hot in tournaments and it is unfortunate that a hot team cannot play for a district tournament title. Especially if it's the first one in school history. Oh well leave it up to the TSSAA to screw something good up! Go Mountaineers!

Agree. But take note. The only tournament games in the area that were played Friday night were played at a private school. Has nothing to do with T$$AA heck they want the money. More to do with public school politics. I am pissed that I didn't get to walk Over and watch District 3 AAA finals at Central.

Back to games. Who wins and moves on.

Heritage vs Halls. Halls is dangerous.

Bearden vs Central. Can my Bobcats keep it close

Karns vs Maryville. Don't know bout this one. Karns at home great opportunity to advance.

Oak Ridge vs LC. No contest.