Region 4A

swipper

Here are the matchup for Region 4a tournament.  What is everybody thoughts

7A #1 Clay Co. (23-4) host 8A #4 Watertown (15-15)

8A #2 Gordonsville (11-17) host 7A #3 Clarkrange (14-16)

8A #1 Goodpasture (23-5) host 7A #4 Pickett Co. (15-14)

7A #2 Jackson Co. (20-8) host 8A #3 Red Boiling Springs (15-17)

Here is my picks in bold and colored

7A #1 Clay Co. (23-4) host 8A #4 Watertown (15-15)

8A #2 Gordonsville (11-17) host 7A #3 Clarkrange (14-16)

8A #1 Goodpasture (23-5) host 7A #4 Pickett Co. (15-14)

7A #2 Jackson Co. (20-8) host 8A #3 Red Boiling Springs (15-17)

I think Watertown has a small chance to beat Clay Co. Gordonsville and Clarkrange will be close. Red Boiling Springs can beat Jackson Co if they shoot well and out hustle them like they do to most teams. I think Goodpasture will beat Pickett Co by quite a bit considering what happened in the previously matchup between the two teams. All games will be fun to watch, just wish I could see all of them.

7A sweep that's pretty bold, but possible, remember this ain't the girls thread these games SHOULD be super competitive! One of Clay County's losses are to RBS the #3 seed in 8a. Goodpasture is good, but i believe if their best player has an off game they will not get very far.

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

A 7A sweep? So which "Co." School are you from? I will say that 7A is probably the better district but I just don't see a sweep. Clay will destroy Watertown, they are head and shoulders better and Watertown is slumping bad here lately. But they do have the "Coach of the Year?" Jackson Co. Should handle RBS pretty easily, granted RBS has pulled some upsets before but I just don't see this unless they are lights out from 3. My tigers can beat Clarkrange. If Colt shows up he can dominate the game and if the 3 is falling. Someone mentioned Goodpastures best player having a bad game? I can see that happening, especially if the racist comments and actions from the last game come out again. I just don't see The big bad private losing this one.

I've not got to see enough basketball this year so I have kept fairly quiet, but I do not expect a sweep.  I don't think Goodpasture loses to Pickett, especially playing at home, but 7a should take the rest.  What little i've seen from RBS they could either pick up the win or get blown out, very up and down season for them.  Good luck to all of the teams...I hope whoever comes out of the region goes all the way!

Goodpasture is the only team in 8A that will be favored to win.  Doesn't mean they will or they won't but the other teams in 8A are decided underdogs.  Clay and Jackson will both win big and CR will win by double digits at Gville

Agree with this assessment.   This region will be interesting.   Looking forward to having the boys from Byrdstown come back down.......there will be no mercy shown tonight.   Be a long ride back in the camper to Pickett. 

Edited by SmokeStackI

Agree with this assessment.   This region will be interesting.   Looking forward to having the boys from Byrdstown come back down.......there will be no mercy shown tonight.   Be a long ride back in the camper to Pickett. 

I do think GP wins this game because of where its being played at, however if they were travelling to Pickett Co. they would not win that game.  I hope its a better played game than the last time, and if i was you i wouldn't sleep on PC they are dangerous!  GP is solid especially after the kid from Cookeville moved in and will be a tough opponent for anyone.  They are 8A's only hope against a sweep by 7A this year though. 

I have taken a special interest in this region cause my boy plays at Sales Creek and we would have to play a team from 4a if we are fortunate with to advance. I have gotten to watch all the teams in 4a at least one time this season and I think all things being equal Clay and Good Pasture are the teams to beat. I started watching after Xmas cause I thought it made Korea sense to wait til then. Clay and Good Pasture Christian are the top 2 in my eyes. Clark Range would be 3rd. If everyone fires on all cylinders I think those 2 both make a deep run.