Who will be 5A championship contenders?

gobears89

Garbage????? Are you insane?? As I recall Ooltewah barely lost to the eventual state champion, Smyrna, in the semis and WB barely lost to Ooltewah that year on a controversial call at the end of the game. And in '07 WB killed half the teams they played and barely lost to a Maryville team riding a 49 game win streak and won the 4A championship. If those teams were state caliber teams I don't know who is.

Are you talking 2000's or 1990's?

Edited by JSamson7

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be so, the 2000's were better for WB but they weren't championship worthy.

I disagree.... Yes they lost in the 2nd round but they were still a very very good team that could have won it all. Regardless of that.. You said they couldn't have even fared well in 4A.... that's asinine.. They only lost by a point to a maryville team that was riding a 49 game win streak and went on to win over 70 games in a row. Edited by Governors91

I disagree.... Yes they lost in the 2nd round but they were still a very very good team that could have won it all. Regardless of that.. You said they couldn't have even fared well in 4A.... that's asinine.. They only lost by a point to a maryville team that was riding a 49 game win streak and went on to win over 70 games in a row.

The misunderstanding here was WB of the 90's, but don't get all high and mighty on that one game...I was there and it was a great game yes, but one great game doesn't mean they were tough year in, year out...

The misunderstanding here was WB of the 90's, but don't get all high and mighty on that one game...I was there and it was a great game yes, but one great game doesn't mean they were tough year in, year out...

Never said they were. I just said WB had a state championship caliber team that year