SUB-STATE: UNION CITY VS. TCA

JDOGG80

@TCAIntense I mean true. We all know that EVERY team wants Murfreesboro but Union City is playing on a level where no one else is. Their eyes are on that gold ball. Deberry, Stockdale, Simpson & Stewart are play great ball together. Clicking on all cylinders. And even the role players game has improved. They're tough. Not taking anything away from TCA but I don't see them coming to Union City and walking away with a win. Union City feeds is very tough to beat at home.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now help me jog my memory............who is Riverside playing on Tuesday night? Oh, that's Monday night BUT that's the girls team and they are very, very good I might add! They gave Middleton all they wanted last night.

That is exact response I figured Trinity would have. Called it. Yes thank you the Lady Panthers are good just not as up with Middleton and that even without Deja.

Wow!  Reading some of the above posts it's pretty obvious that someone doesn't like a particular team.  Yankee, it's pretty apparent that you are pretty biased.  Is there something wrong with a poster like Copenoc or Intense being passionate about their team?  I have read both posters over the past few weeks and yes, they really are passionate about their team but they are both very objective and seem to know basketball pretty well.  I have seen both teams this year and both are very good teams.  Union City is certainly the favorite due to home court advantage and talented players like Stockdale and Deberry but TCA is very talented as well.  TCA doesn't have a division 1 prospect like UC.  They have two or three kids that may be able to play small college or juco ball but certainly not Division 1.  The one thing that posters like Yankee doesn't see with TCA is their grit.  That is worth a few points.  I think this will be a very close game with UC winning by 4 to 6.  I would encourage all of the posters to lighten up on Intense and Cope.  Let them have fun and enjoy their teams.  Both teams are really good and it's great for fans to have fun on the T with them.  I would project that the winner of this game will be in the state finals against Mitchell.  Good luck to both.

@TCAIntense I mean true. We all know that EVERY team wants Murfreesboro but Union City is playing on a level where no one else is. Their eyes are on that gold ball. Deberry, Stockdale, Simpson & Stewart are play great ball together. Clicking on all cylinders. And even the role players game has improved. They're tough. Not taking anything away from TCA but I don't see them coming to Union City and walking away with a win. Union City feeds is very tough to beat at home.

Great post and I really appreciate your passion. Trust me, we know how good UC is. I have personally watched them twice and I think they are a top notch team that is extremely well coached BUT I have seen Mitchell play as well and UC isn't at that level. I have seen Mitchell twice and man oh man they are good. UC is very aggressive and plays with a lot of passion. It will be a fun game and the atmosphere will be electrifying. We will bring a huge crowd and I know UC will have a huge crowd. Good luck to you and you might not want to watch the movie "Hoosiers" before we play! Lol.

YOu need to either get a job or stop cheating your employer by spending 4 hours researching HS basketball stats.  IT's really hard for me to argue with ignorance.  We will just have to wait and see how it plays out on Tuesday.  I'm sure TCA is just going to lay down and let UC crush them because they haven't played any competition.

I've been on my job for 22 years.......so much so i was able to take the day off. I notice you have nothing to dispute anything, talk about ignorance. Union City will win this game and in impressive fashion. Predict a margin right now and lets see how it plays out...be decisive, what do u think the margin will be, one way or the other. I can guarantee UC has as much heart, grit, and determination as any team so that means nothing. Please point out where anything i posted is wrong. Again, right now i want to know what you think the margin will be. TCA is not going to lay down, no team jsut lays down , but many do get beat down........not because of a lack of grit, desire, and determination, but because some teams are simply better and on another level..........not sure how hard that is to understand, especially when there is all kinds of evidence to back it up.

Edited by yankees8589

Wow!  Reading some of the above posts it's pretty obvious that someone doesn't like a particular team.  Yankee, it's pretty apparent that you are pretty biased.  Is there something wrong with a poster like Copenoc or Intense being passionate about their team?  I have read both posters over the past few weeks and yes, they really are passionate about their team but they are both very objective and seem to know basketball pretty well.  I have seen both teams this year and both are very good teams.  Union City is certainly the favorite due to home court advantage and talented players like Stockdale and Deberry but TCA is very talented as well.  TCA doesn't have a division 1 prospect like UC.  They have two or three kids that may be able to play small college or juco ball but certainly not Division 1.  The one thing that posters like Yankee doesn't see with TCA is their grit.  That is worth a few points.  I think this will be a very close game with UC winning by 4 to 6.  I would encourage all of the posters to lighten up on Intense and Cope.  Let them have fun and enjoy their teams.  Both teams are really good and it's great for fans to have fun on the T with them.  I would project that the winner of this game will be in the state finals against Mitchell.  Good luck to both.

I have no bias, i could care less who wins, really. Are you implying UC doesn't have grit and determination? or is TCA so much so they have more than any opponent and its worth a few points......what if UC has just as much? whats that worth? especially considering they are the superior team and playing at home.........this is going to be a woodshed game, I think.

I've been on my job for 22 years.......so much so i was able to take the day off. I notice you have nothing to dispute anything, talk about ignorance. Union City will win this game and in impressive fashion. Predict a margin right now and lets see how it plays out...be decisive, what do u think the margin will be, one way or the other. I can guarantee UC has as much heart, grit, and determination as any team so that means nothing. Please point out where anything i posted is wrong. Again, right now i want to know what you think the margin will be. TCA is not going to lay down, no team jsut lays down , but many do get beat down........not because of a lack of grit, desire, and determination, but because some teams are simply better and on another level..........not sure how hard that is to understand, especially when there is all kinds of evidence to back it up.

I'll go with UC by 37. If we can hit a couple of free throws we might keep it within 35. If we get very biased officials toward TCA we might keep it within 32. We just hope that we reach double digits before half. If we do, we will feel like we have a moral victory and we all know that moral victories are important. I will go with 32-37. That should suffice.

I'll go with UC by 37. If we can hit a couple of free throws we might keep it within 35. If we get very biased officials toward TCA we might keep it within 32. We just hope that we reach double digits before half. If we do, we will feel like we have a moral victory and we all know that moral victories are important. I will go with 32-37. That should suffice.

ha-ha, that's typical........i've seen fans like you forever.......LOL so funny , i think the reality is you know i'm right about this but just can't bring yourself to admit it, you got me rolling here dude. Honestly, i don't think you have a clue what it's going to be like to go into UC's gym and have to face an incredibly hungry superior team like this on the road, I really don't think you understand. UC at home ain't no joke. 

Be straight up, don't be scurd. Everybody on message boards have eaten crow a time or two, even me  LOL   

let me try it this was OK. Pick a number, does UC win by 5/10/15/20 or more. Just so you know I did see where you posted somewhere else this would not be a woodshed game, so you are on the record.

Edited by yankees8589

That response for specifically for you Hoops so you could feel good about yourself!

I feel just fine about myself no need for help with that. Obvious something won't allow you to see that bunch of folk are actually pulling for Trintiy including me. Was just agreeing with post of all those fact comparisons. I said Trinity has heart a bunch of heart and play hard. Even posted Trinity gonna beat Adamsville beat BTW and won't get beat by 30 from Memphis Mitchell and you gotta lash out at me. Enough said with you. I still wish Trinity all best and hope they beat Union City

I feel just fine about myself no need for help with that. Obvious something won't allow you to see that bunch of folk are actually pulling for Trintiy including me. Was just agreeing with post of all those fact comparisons. I said Trinity has heart a bunch of heart and play hard. Even posted Trinity gonna beat Adamsville beat BTW and won't get beat by 30 from Memphis Mitchell and you gotta lash out at me. Enough said with you. I still wish Trinity all best and hope they beat Union City

Don't sweat this dude, TCA and UC both have great kids. Some people are just over the top in their fandom. It's a basketball game is all. He called me ignorant, I laughed so hard...just totally ignored everything. Honestly, i have nothing against TCA and always pull for the Jackson teams.

Something that I discussed with a buddy of mine today as you just got through speaking about how tough 14-A is this year... Humboldt and Union City are obviously the best 2 out of 14-A and Mitchell is obviously the best Single A team in the state, possibly country (lol), but teams like Halls, Middleton, Lake Co. and YES we will throw TCA in there, could very easily make a run to play in the state championship if they were in another district or part of the state. Of course, if they were in another part of the state, they would eventually crash into Mitchell or Union City, but you know what I'm getting at. District 14-A, and Single A in the west, is stacked on the guys side for Single A basketball. Union City running through this district and region is quite impressive.

I know you follow the sport, honestly how do you see this game playing out considering this is at UC.