SUB-STATE: UNION CITY VS. TCA

JDOGG80

I know you follow the sport, honestly how do you see this game playing out considering this is at UC.

I've seen both teams multiple times this year... TCA will keep it close for awhile, they have some players. Union City will ultimately pull away for good in the second half. Union City by 20ish. Union City has too many weapons. DeBerry and Stewart dropping treys with Simpson, Stockdale, and Sisco crashing the boards every time. TCA's best bet is to take the air out of the ball and keep UC on defense as much as possible.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both teams multiple times this year... TCA will keep it close for awhile, they have some players. Union City will ultimately pull away for good in the second half. Union City by 20ish. Union City has too many weapons. DeBerry and Stewart dropping treys with Simpson, Stockdale, and Sisco crashing the boards every time. TCA's best bet is to take the air out of the ball and keep UC on defense as much as possible.

I agree with that, i've seem it a million times with superior teams. UC will not flinch in this game but TCA may get overwhelmed. If that happens and at what point in the game it does is when it'll be over. One of those type things you see a close game and 3 minutes later the superior teams has gone on a 10/12/14 to 0 run and overwhelmed the other team.

Anyway, good luck to both teams. I just see this as a woodshed game, I really do.

I personally don't think this game will be close. Again not taking anything away from TCA but UC has too many weapons. If it's not a blowout in the 1st half, UC will pull away with it the 2nd half. I got UC by 20+ in this game Tuesday.

UC, I certainly can understand your point but are you aware that TCA held Mitchell to 50 points and they had 2 D1 players on the floor with a boat load of others that will play somewhere at the next level? My point is that while UC does have many weapons(and nobody is certainly denying that) they don't have as many weapons as Mitchell and we held them down pretty well. The problem last night was that Mitchell plays even better defense! While UC has seen some great teams this year, the one thing they haven't seen is the fundamental style of basketball they will see Tuesday. It will be different and it won't be overpowering and it won't shake or scare UC but it will force them to work harder than they probably have had to work.

What was the kid that didn't play for Mitchell? Mitchell didn't have its full compliments of players, I think. 

Mitchell got out of school , traveled two hours, got off the bus, got a 14 point win (in a 32 minute game I might add), held the opponent to 38 points at the other teams home gym, for the region championship. Had this been at Mitchell or neutral court it certainly would have been much worse for TCA.

Let me get this on the record again:

just to get it on the record.

guess the author of the following comment?

I've seen UC play and they are very good but they will not take us to the woodshed. This game will be very close either way. You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. 

Edited by yankees8589

What was the kid that didn't play for Mitchell? Mitchell didn't have its full compliments of players, I think.

Mitchell got out of school , traveled two hours, got off the bus, got a 14 point win (in a 32 minute game I might add), held the opponent to 38 points at the other teams home gym, for the region championship. Had this been at Mitchell or neutral court it certainly would have been much worse for TCA.

Let me get this on the record again:

just to get it on the record.

guess the author of the following comment?

I've seen UC play and they are very good but they will not take us to the woodshed. This game will be very close either way. You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Yankee, you are beyond being a jerk! This game will be close either way! You need to check your facts as well. It's an hour and 15 minute drive to TCA from Mitchell. We know because we drove it last year. You seem to stretch the truth in everything you say. And yes, I will say it again, "they will not take TCA to the woodshed." Also, the facts are that it was a 14 point game and it was held at TCA! You are just speculating on the neutral floor, etc. so you played for Daddy Cisco? Well, I just missed you then. We sent UC home in the first round of the region in '83. MCNairy. Yall were AA then. I think Ferguson was your coach. TCA by 4. Our boys believe they are going to win! We love being the underdog! Predict 15, 35, 22 or whatever you want. The more UC thinks they are going to take us to the woodshed the more Hoosier like it's going to be!

Oh and by the way Professor Yankee, TCA has been through the gauntlet during postseason! Adamsville, Middleton, Carver, Booker T, Mitchell and now UC. If we get past UC there is no doubt that has to be toughest post season schedule of anybody in Murfreesboro in Single A. They are battle tested!

Edited by TCAIntense

Yankee, you are beyond being a jerk! This game will be close either way! You need to check your facts as well. It's an hour and 15 minute drive to TCA from Mitchell. We know because we drove it last year. You seem to stretch the truth in everything you say. And yes, I will say it again, "they will not take TCA to the woodshed." Also, the facts are that it was a 14 point game and it was held at TCA! You are just speculating on the neutral floor, etc. so you played for Daddy Cisco? Well, I just missed you then. We sent UC home in the first round of the region in '83. MCNairy. Yall were AA then. I think Ferguson was your coach. TCA by 4. Our boys believe they are going to win! We love being the underdog! Predict 15, 35, 22 or whatever you want. The more UC thinks they are going to take us to the woodshed the more Hoosier like it's going to be!

You don't have a clue, this was when Daddy Sisco coached at Kenton High School. I do not stretch the truth, i'm not like that, i assume it was a bus ride, but i could care less one way or the other. I'm also speculating this t be a woodshed game as you are on the record saying otherwise, in fact you say TCA might win or it could go either way.....thats just not going to happen, take it to the bank, mail in the stats.

Oh and by the way Professor Yankee, TCA has been through the gauntlet during postseason! Adamsville, Middleton, Carver, Booker T, Mitchell and now UC. If we get past UC there is no doubt that has to be toughest post season schedule of anybody in Murfreesboro in Single A. They are battle tested!

TCA is not going to get past UC, not going to happen. I've yet to see a logical basketball explanation just how TCA is going to go into UC gym and pull out a win.

In 1983 Nobody in America thought NC State had a prayer against Houston's Phi Slamma Jamma and Clyde Drexler! On paper, as Yankee says, it was not possible but as Lorenzo Charles(RIP) grabs the air ball and dunks it for game winning basket America became a believer. On that particular night, NC State was the best team and became National Champions. It's not about how they stack up on paper. It's about how they play the game once the ball is tossed in the air.

Yankee, you haven't taken into consideration that we played our first 5 games without 7 of our first 8 players due to FB. We barely averaged 34 points per game and had 3 losses. Those low scoring games hurt our averages, etc. Informarion like that is why making statements like you have made are misleading.