who will be William blount next head coach?

My only concern is that the longer this lingers on the worse things will be for William Blount next year. Messing around till April to find a coach won't give anyone much time to do anything regarding next year. If there is someone already picked behind the scenes then they need to quit horsing around and get going. Time is a thing you can't get back once you lose it and time is what it will take to get this program going in the right direction. I'm pulling for you guys to put the right man in place but always remember "While Nero fiddled, Rome burned". Quit fiddling around and name a coach. It's not like all this talk just suddenly appeared out of the blue yesterday.

In all honesty, and I'm not trying to put WB down in anyway, what coach would be interested in the job. WB has to play an even tougher schedule this year with the addition of science hill, DB, and alcoa with more travel time and expense. Ridge said in the paper that the new coach would inherit the old staff, so there's no chance to bring in additional coaches. His new boss would be the previous head coach, which could potentially cause some issues. And I saw on the Blount county website that the only teaching job they have in the building is a special Ed job. Every football coach I ever had was a PE coach. Special Ed is an extremely time consuming position and requires ten times the work of a normal teacher.

In all honesty, and I'm not trying to put WB down in anyway, what coach would be interested in the job. WB has to play an even tougher schedule this year with the addition of science hill, DB, and alcoa with more travel time and expense. Ridge said in the paper that the new coach would inherit the old staff, so there's no chance to bring in additional coaches. His new boss would be the previous head coach, which could potentially cause some issues. And I saw on the Blount county website that the only teaching job they have in the building is a special Ed job. Every football coach I ever had was a PE coach. Special Ed is an extremely time consuming position and requires ten times the work of a normal teacher.

Coach Story and GQ taught Drivers Ed. Years before I was at MHS Coach Story taught Spanish. Edited by rebelwoman87

Coach Story and GQ taught Drivers Ed. Years before I was at MHS Coach Story taught Spanish.

I had Coach Story for Spanish and Benny Monroe for Drivers Ed.  Yes, I long time ago.

Surely, there are other teaching jobs somewhere in the county system other than Special Ed. Does the new coach have to teach at WBHS?  If finding a Special Ed qualified head football coach is a must, it might be hard. (BTW, Scott Cummings at West High School taught Special Ed.  Always admired him for that!)

Edited by OldRebel2