Coffee County Boys Job

bigmoney128

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right coach could turn Coffee County into a perennial winner. There is plenty of talent walking the halls if the coach could just get it all to come together.

How does a Dekalb Co fan know how much talent is walking the halls at Coffee Co?  People who are walking the halls, obviously don't want to play basketball.  The worst excuses ever spoken have to be "I'd play, but I don't like the coach" or "I'd play, but the coach doesn't like me." 

The coach was fired because some parents didnt feel as though their kid wasnt playing enough. Complained to the principal and ad and didnt get the results that they wanted and then jumped to the board members and they canned him. The best year that Coffee Co has had was when Micah was playing and they won like 18 games. The problem here is that other than the parents running everything, Micah is sitting there waiting to get his teaching stuff done and then the job is his. So a new coach would only have like a 1, 2 years max before it would be taken away and given to Micah. 

The coach was fired because some parents didnt feel as though their kid wasnt playing enough. Complained to the principal and ad and didnt get the results that they wanted and then jumped to the board members and they canned him. The best year that Coffee Co has had was when Micah was playing and they won like 18 games. The problem here is that other than the parents running everything, Micah is sitting there waiting to get his teaching stuff done and then the job is his. So a new coach would only have like a 1, 2 years max before it would be taken away and given to Micah. 

Sounds like a lot of politics. Unless coach did something totally immoral or unethical, you don't fire a guy in the middle of the year in HS.

How does a Dekalb Co fan know how much talent is walking the halls at Coffee Co?  People who are walking the halls, obviously don't want to play basketball.  The worst excuses ever spoken have to be "I'd play, but I don't like the coach" or "I'd play, but the coach doesn't like me." 

Well it's pretty much common sense. It's not hard to look at past results for basketball and football and see that the coaches aren't getting the most out of the talent they do have. It also tells me there is talent left in their school that's just going to waste. There is nothing wrong with actively recruiting the halls of your own school. There is obviously numerous reasons why kids might not want to play a particular sport, or never have played sports at all. You would be amazed what a simple "hey, why don't you come out and give said sport a try" will do/accomplish. I also have a 2nd cousin who is a junior at CC and plays football that has told me such about everything I just said. They use to play in weakest 6a district in the state when playing the likes of Warren, White, and Cumberland Counties, and only ever manged to win 2-3 games. They dropped down a class to 5a, and their district was a little better, but they still got poor results. With 1626 students, while playing 5a ball through the 2013 and 2014 seasons, they were one of the biggest 5a schools (37th highest student enrollment in the entire state). There is no reason they shouldn't of been competitive in years past. Now next season, and the upcoming years, they most likely will struggle mightily, but that will be a little more understandable considering they will be playing in arguably the toughest 6a region in the state.