Coffee County Boys Job

bigmoney128

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying he screwed up the last boys basketball hire?

Well, it would appear so. They fired him from coaching in the middle of the year. Now its not just that hire that people are not happy about. Look at the baseball coach that he hired last summer and had to fire back in what Jan. or Feb. because of his "relationship" with a 15 year old student. Skipper has not brought in either quality coaches or people. He cant seem to find someone that is both. Its either one or the other it seems. 

Well, it would appear so. They fired him from coaching in the middle of the year. Now its not just that hire that people are not happy about. Look at the baseball coach that he hired last summer and had to fire back in what Jan. or Feb. because of his "relationship" with a 15 year old student. Skipper has not brought in either quality coaches or people. He cant seem to find someone that is both. Its either one or the other it seems. 

Would the football coach be considered a bad hire? Didn't he have some baggage with him when he came from Florida?

Would the football coach be considered a bad hire? Didn't he have some baggage with him when he came from Florida?

I am not sure about the football coach. I have never heard anything on him. If there was something, if his hiring doesnt work out, Skipper cant be blamed for all of that. There was a very large committee that was comprised of a lot of the local leaders there in Manchester that had a hand in that decision. That is not squarely on Skippers shoulders. The others from what I have heard has been Skippers doings.  

my thing is why go through all the trouble of interviewing and wasting people's time if you knew who you were going to hire? that is so much mickey mouse. i hear there were at least 4 top notch coaches who applied but the ad selected maybe 3 or 4 with very little experience to make william's hiring seem legit. just offer the guy the job up front if that was your intention in the 1st place. any word on what douglas will do? I hear he applied at tullahoma.

Edited by broadcaster54

any word on what douglas will do? I hear he applied at tullahoma.

why would we want him if he's not a "quality coach or person" and has failed at two schools..lol!

I dont know that he is not a quality person. I would think that he is a quality person because they allowed him to keep his teaching spot at Coffee Co. after they removed him from the basketball program. Who knows about his coaching for sure, the surface looks bleak, but it wasnt like he had a ton of talent to work with at Coffee Co, so who knows for sure.

any word on what douglas will do? I hear he applied at tullahoma.

why would we want him if he's not a "quality coach or person" and has failed at two schools..lol!

no offense but when was the last time t town made the state or had a winning season? you haven't exactly hit a home run with your hires the last several years. I say he winds up as an assistant someplace...only problem will be his physical education certification...not many jobs with that out there.