Farragut 2015

Governm

decent scrimmage-starters-fhs  4tds ohs 3tds  fhs 1 to ohs 4 to  2nd teamers fhs 1 td ohs 1td  fhs 1to ohs 1 to   overall I say Farragut has the better team right now  I would say that ohs has better coaching-so they may be the better team at the end of the season(especially if injuries happen to fhs-see oak ridge game last year) 

however some teams outplay coaching and several kids at fhs have put in extra work outside of fhs to get better-a real difference from previous years so we will see

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The admirals may have had a good night vs the owls; however, enjoy it now bc it won't last. We all know how the admirals are. They are soft and will all be injured by week 3. The admirals problems are up front and they will always be like that. They haven't had a hard nosed olineman since the kid from 2007 that committed to Florida. But you never know coach Courtney and his staff will work hard and have these boys ready. Hopefully they will be taking the Bulldogs lightly after our season from last year. But watch out bc we put a whoopin on SD last night.

So adalum you better tell ur boys to be ready.

Edited by Bulldog93

Highlights from the scrimmage with ooltewah:

Thomas had 3 Tds rushing in the first 3 series, and the QB did well to move in the pocket and make plays to his WRs along with his feet. Some of the younger RBs showed they can run hard and make plays at times, #15 and #9. The older WRs all showed they can be pretty reliable targets.

Defensively, Admirals started out strong forcing a 4th down stop and INT in the first 2 series while only giving up about 30 yards total for the first 20 or so plays. Owls then drove 80 yards and ended their 3rd series with a short TD pass. Fourth series started with another INT by #47 for FHS, and owls finished the series with a long TD run and a long drive that eventually ended on 4th down inside the 20. So after the first 4 series with the starters. FHS scored 3 TDs and OHS scored twice. Series were set up to run 10 plays and then go to moving the chains.

The younger guys got two series with Owls starting on O and driving into red zone before being stopped. They scored on the 2nd series and finished the 10 plays by driving back across the 50. FHS threw an INT on their first series and then scored on a short TD run by #28 after a long drive in the 2nd series.

They finished with the starters going 1 series each and the Owls scored with a short run to #1. FHS drove down the field but were stopped on 4th & 1 inside the 10. All in all it was a very competitive day for both teams. Owls have potential to be very explosive on offense. FHS will need to lean on their veteran offense to carry them early on, but the defense has some very good athletes and potential to be very strong. Both teams look like they could make a run in the playoffs come November.

The admirals may have had a good night vs the owls; however, enjoy it now bc it won't last. We all know how the admirals are. They are soft and will all be injured by week 3. The admirals problems are up front and they will always be like that. They haven't had a hard nosed olineman since the kid from 2007 that committed to Florida. But you never know coach Courtney and his staff will work hard and have these boys ready. Hopefully they will be taking the Bulldogs lightly after our season from last year. But watch out bc we put a whoopin on SD last night.

So adalum you better tell ur boys to be ready.

Oh, our boys will be ready, you better believe that! Doubt that we will take you lightly, always a big rivalry game, although I am not sure you would call 13 wins and 2 losses for Farragut in the last 12 years much of a rivalry. 

Speaking of the kid that committed to Florida, what ever happened to him, never saw him after graduating?? Heard he got in some trouble down there and was sent home, but not 100% sure. 

The Admirals take on Cookeville tonight at 6:00pm @ Farragut. Just like last week, the football stadium is still unsuable due to the track being resurfaced, so I would think it will be the same as last week(varsity on the practice field and freshmen on the turf). Should be a good test for the Admirals to see exactly where they stand. 

Oh, our boys will be ready, you better believe that! Doubt that we will take you lightly, always a big rivalry game, although I am not sure you would call 13 wins and 2 losses for Farragut in the last 12 years much of a rivalry.

Speaking of the kid that committed to Florida, what ever happened to him, never saw him after graduating?? Heard he got in some trouble down there and was sent home, but not 100% sure.

Not sure what happen to him. Heard he was selling insurance and working at a local restaurant.

So I ventured out to Farragut tonight after the big showing las week against Ooltewah...yikes!!! Cookeville must be the REAL DEAL, or Farragut didn't show up, or maybe I just watched the freshmen on the turf.  Either way, not what I expected from the Admirals.  If anyone has been at both, I'd love to hear the differences in scrimmages.  Final tally that I had was 5-2 Cookeville with the first teamers in.

So I ventured out to Farragut tonight after the big showing las week against Ooltewah...yikes!!! Cookeville must be the REAL DEAL, or Farragut didn't show up, or maybe I just watched the freshmen on the turf.  Either way, not what I expected from the Admirals.  If anyone has been at both, I'd love to hear the differences in scrimmages.  Final tally that I had was 5-2 Cookeville with the first teamers in.

I think it was a combination of both. Farragut didn't really show up, not surprising after a disappointing week of practice this week, but I also think Cookeville is a very good football team. The big #7 kid is committed to Ole Miss and is a very good ball player. They also had a pretty good running back and some good linemen. Last week against Ooltewah, Farragut came out fired up and ready to play. Last night there didn't seem to be as much excitement as last week. 

Should be interesting to see how next Tuesday's scrimmage with Bradley-Central goes, and which Farragut team shows up.