Hamilton vs Brentwood

big_mike0307

Unfortunately i don't think they will either although i will be pulling for Brentwood due to the fact Hamilton cheated this year, and in my opinion should be banned from tournament play.  I learned that Todd May (former NBA player) was their coach, i'm guessing this is one reason they didn't get banned.  Doesn't make sense, you ban 2 girls programs, fine them and fire the coaches for trying to "lose" one game (which by the way is not against TSSAA rules however it is wrong and they got what they deserved), this team goes half the season with an illegal player and before anyone on here say's they didn't know about it thats a bunch of bs, they knew about it and still played the kid, but all they get was a few games taken off the "win" column.  what a joke TSSAA is. :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

Unfortunately i don't think they will either although i will be pulling for Brentwood due to the fact Hamilton cheated this year, and in my opinion should be banned from tournament play. I learned that Todd May (former NBA player) was their coach, i'm guessing this is one reason they didn't get banned. Doesn't make sense, you ban 2 girls programs, fine them and fire the coaches for trying to "lose" one game (which by the way is not against TSSAA rules however it is wrong and they got what they deserved), this team goes half the season with an illegal player and before anyone on here say's they didn't know about it thats a bunch of bs, they knew about it and still played the kid, but all they get was a few games taken off the "win" column. what a joke TSSAA is. :popcorneater:

I agree to a point & I'm not from Hamilton but it is Todd Day first year coaching & it's up to the athletic director to ensure that all kids are eligible as well as TSSAA, Hamilton had to forfeit about 12 games & still made it to championship so why punish kids that had nothing to do with it! Brentwood has a good team & has the ability to upset Hamilton but Hamilton still got to championship without player!!

Size will probably be the difference but Coach King does a great job so it would not be a surprise if Brentwood pulled off the upset.

How old is Dennis King now? 70? He reminds me of Byrd at Belmont...2 guys if you saw on the street you would never in a million years think they coached basketball but both able to coach the same type kids and do it very well. I hope he wins it...he has worked hard over the years. 

Edited by ruppsrunt

How old is Dennis King now? 70? He reminds me of Byrd at Belmont...2 guys if you saw on the street you would never in a million years think they coached basketball but both able to coach the same type kids and do it very well. I hope he wins it...he has worked hard over the years. 

Hope he does too. Great coach!!

I agree to a point & I'm not from Hamilton but it is Todd Day first year coaching & it's up to the athletic director to ensure that all kids are eligible as well as TSSAA, Hamilton had to forfeit about 12 games & still made it to championship so why punish kids that had nothing to do with it! Brentwood has a good team & has the ability to upset Hamilton but Hamilton still got to championship without player!!

Riverdale girls would have made the championship game as well had they let their game count.  What did they do to them?  You tell me the difference?  Both are wrong but only one team did something illegal according to the rules of TSSAA and it wasn't Riverdale. :popcorneater:

Riverdale girls would have made the championship game as well had they let their game count. What did they do to them? You tell me the difference? Both are wrong but only one team did something illegal according to the rules of TSSAA and it wasn't Riverdale. :popcorneater:

Riverdale's infraction occured during the playoffs. Hamilton's during the regular season. A couple of years ago after winning their region, Ridgeway was found to have an ineligible player in a case where the school and team were completely defrauded and they got put out of the playoffs. Hamilton is just good enough that having to forfeit all those games and being put at a disadvantage during the district tournament didn't hurt them. Edited by toinemac

Riverdale's infraction occured during the playoffs. Hamilton's during the regular season. A couple of years ago after winning their region, Ridgeway was found to have an ineligible player in a case where the school and team were completely defrauded and they got put out of the playoffs. Hamilton is just good enough that having to forfeit all those games and being put at a disadvantage during the district tournament didn't hurt them.

And that Ridgeway team was good. The player involved was a bench warmer too..